1 2
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
1/12/15 2:21 p.m.

Last nights episode was pretty boring. There's only so many times you can watch yokels get stuck in the mud and it be interesting.

I did think it was funny that the Rover guys used the Land Cruiser as an anchor while they were both stuck in the mud.

HOWEVER, I did think that it was E36 M3ty that they pulled themselves out and left everyone behind. If they're not in it for the money anymore, than what's the point of proving that they can beat everyone, they should be there for support.

And Swank, I agree, there should be an XJ in there. Alaska has plenty of them. I think the producers picked the best "characters" that were camera friendly.

Also, only the Jeep had a land anchor from the beginning. Now somehow everyone has one. Except he Levay brothers, I think they are still surviving on their massive stash of pot.

I would love to see what the production company is using for vehicles.

slowride
slowride Reader
1/13/15 10:00 a.m.

Agreed, it was boring. I fell asleep before the end but at this point in the show I don't think they should be trying to still build drama around people getting stuck in mud. Also I think there's only one episode left.

slowride
slowride Reader
1/14/15 7:20 p.m.

I've tried to finish this latest episode twice now, I think I fell asleep within 2 minutes of putting it on last night. I hope something cool happens at the end if I ever get there.

xd
xd Reader
1/16/15 6:22 a.m.

They are posting over on pirate. The reason they all have land anchors is because there were a lot of days off during filming and they could go to town and get more stuff.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
1/18/15 3:27 p.m.

I had to watch old Camel Trophy events so I could see what real adventure looks like.

I love how many people think they're awesome because they live in a certain place, Alaska in this case.

I had five guys ready to jump me years ago. The leader went on and on that they were from New York.

slowride
slowride Reader
1/19/15 5:06 p.m.

Overall this was a pretty disappointing series. I swear they were driving next to a road in the last episode. I heard there is a season 2 in the works; I doubt I will watch it.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
1/19/15 7:38 p.m.

Yeah pretty disappointing. Can't tell if all the drama was made up or not.

Surprised the Bros 4-Runner took so long to crap out, but then again, I feel like that was made up.

Too bad the Sooper Douches won.

porschenut
porschenut Reader
1/20/15 2:44 p.m.

Glad it is over. I did watch every episode, but more to see the stupid unsafe moves than anything. Disappointing what passes for entertainment and good auto sense on TV today. Between this and some of the street racing stuff the TV execs think auto enthusiasts are idiots.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
1/21/15 10:42 p.m.

Last episode....

Day 1: Let's try to find a rock big enough out of this field of small gravel to make it look like we're doing something.

Day 2: War Wagon suddenly has a v6. 22REs suddenly have timing belts.

solfly
solfly Reader
1/22/15 9:06 a.m.

i recorded the series and watched part of the first episode. is it worth watching or should i just delete it? i dont have much tv time in a given week...

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
1/22/15 9:07 a.m.

It started out decent, went downhill. Still worth watching compared to most of the other junk on TV.

solfly
solfly Reader
1/22/15 9:26 a.m.

after reading the last few comments i thin ill go ahead and delete it. i have too many other good shows in my backlog

solfly
solfly Dork
3/14/23 9:10 p.m.

This may be the zombiest post I've ever seen.

Canoe.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/15/23 9:39 a.m.

Makes me happy I ditched cable.  YouTube has much better content w/o the forced drama.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xOOUenmBNfLvw49JlItUfxgYyfVyMHL8xvVdo19zRnIsmSs5TOnKx8EcwGCeIc1U