1 2 3
Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
11/4/19 8:29 p.m.

Back in mah day forums were mailing lists! Just barely, though, i was never very active on the email lists. Sadly I didn't show up here  on GRM until 2008.  

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/4/19 8:39 p.m.

You coming up to Pitt Race or Carlisle or anything sometime soon? Or even back to Ohio? I got a set of wheels I'm dying to get rid of that would look great on it. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/4/19 8:55 p.m.
Jordan Rimpela said:

For wheels, I've added "Mustang wheels" to my daily FB/Craigslist search. 

Friend of mine had a maroon P71 with a Grand Marquis grill and 07-09 GT500 wheels. I approved of it highly. His was I think a 99 so he had to use spacers, they should bolt right up on your 09 though.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/4/19 10:58 p.m.
Jordan Rimpela said:

For wheels, I've added "Mustang wheels" to my daily FB/Craigslist search. 

I have a set of 17x8 torque thrust mustang wheels in my garage that I got for hazmat the civic. They're super heavy for hazmat. I may need to find them a new home.. You're at HQ yes?

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/4/19 10:59 p.m.
RevRico said:

You coming up to Pitt Race or Carlisle or anything sometime soon? Or even back to Ohio? I got a set of wheels I'm dying to get rid of that would look great on it. 

People think alike. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/4/19 11:01 p.m.

Sorry I let my 17x9 Bullits go with my Mustang so you can't have 3 sets.

Curtis
Curtis GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/5/19 8:16 a.m.

As an owner of a 96 Impala SS, and as someone who has many friends in law enforcement, I always kind of chuckled at the rabid love for the P71.  It's like everyone hitting on the second-prettiest girl at a party while Julia Roberts sits in a corner like, "WTH?"

I remember when they came out with the Marauder.  It took Ford 10 years to come out with an Impala SS ripoff that had less displacement, less torque, and the exact same HP.  Everyone was quick to say that the Impala was outdated and this Panther is the new member of the trifecta.

I also can't think of any of my law enforcement friends who actually prefer the Panther over the Caprice.  My SS has actually gotten me out of two tickets in that late-90s era because I would get pulled over only to have the officer begin to wax poetic about the loss of their 9C1 and the conversations usually ended up as a little wink and a nod as if I they were a bit jealous.

Don't get me wrong... great cars and I've considered owning one, but I think the only thing going for them better than a B-body is that they're more plentiful.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/5/19 8:26 a.m.

In reply to Curtis :

The most important ability is availability. wink

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/5/19 8:44 a.m.

Oh the fruits of the seeds I had sewn back in 2006...

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/5/19 9:40 a.m.

In reply to Curtis :

More plentiful, and made until 2011 so more available as not-ragged-out 20 year old heaps! (Most 9C1s are not in tip top shape these days...)

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
11/5/19 10:18 a.m.

In reply to Curtis :

Sadly, most B-Bodies have been roaching in the Florida sun for the better part of two decades. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/5/19 10:26 a.m.

i know what you should do with it.......

Jordan Rimpela
11/5/19 10:46 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Strawberry Nesquik? 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/5/19 11:44 a.m.
Jordan Rimpela said:

In reply to Mndsm :

Strawberry Nesquik? 

just dont puke. It is florida. 

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/5/19 11:48 a.m.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/5/19 11:50 a.m.

Curtis
Curtis GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/5/19 1:34 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to Curtis :

More plentiful, and made until 2011 so more available as not-ragged-out 20 year old heaps! (Most 9C1s are not in tip top shape these days...)

My own included.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/5/19 1:46 p.m.

Jordan's 2009 has quite a few things going over my B-body. Such as rack and pinion steering and better brakes. I'd definitely rather have a B-body than a pre 2003 Panther though. My Mustang didn't make me a fan of the Modular V8.

Jordan Rimpela
11/5/19 2:14 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

And suspension, and a 3.27 LSD, and 250 horsepower, and cheeky

I always miss my former B/C/D-Bodies (I've had six). I've never missed a Panther, and this is my 3rd. 

swampyankee
swampyankee New Reader
11/5/19 3:50 p.m.

Not sure about the Crown Vic, but I saw a Mercury Marauder the other day I really liked. I'm in the market for a good comfy commuter car and I've been looking at all the options. Gas mileage keeps beating back my choices though. It's got to be a big improvement over my 16 mpg Ranger  pickup.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/5/19 4:00 p.m.

In reply to swampyankee :

Marauder is largely the same as a CVPI but has the 4 valve 4.6. I like those a lot. All the panthers are mostly identical underneath except for the interior and some of them getting rear air suspension. Another thing to consider on a daily is that the CVPI doesn't get sound deadening in the floor. Worth considering on a daily driver in my opinion.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
11/5/19 6:13 p.m.
Curtis said:

Don't get me wrong... great cars and I've considered owning one, but I think the only thing going for them better than a B-body is that they're more plentiful.

And they're fifteen years newer...I can't remember the last time I saw one of those Impalas.

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
11/5/19 6:56 p.m.

Did our Challenge P71 influence you, or the one from MD that cut off their roof?

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/5/19 7:05 p.m.

In reply to TIGMOTORSPORTS :

I don't think Jordan needs any help to convince him he has to buy every large American sedan/wagon he can.

cdeforrest
cdeforrest Reader
11/5/19 8:16 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

OOOOOooo.  Spiffy!

I'm guessing that's not the original paint?

Maybe not on the doors, but our Sheriffs rock that color. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Rub1R13CAqvogPdd3GJ98SkvEI9bpCKbYX11zfTbsKhi9X4nTRjO5mXXSjE3R96P