fusion66
fusion66 Reader
4/10/23 7:45 a.m.

Did another fly-n-drive to Florida this weekend to pick up a 2009 Porsche Boxster. One owner, accident free, 56k miles. Enlisted a good friend and enabler (prior trips to Pennsylvania for fasted58 Mustang, a Ford Fiesta in Denver Colorado, and a Miata near Cleveland from AxeHealey) to meet me at my house 2:00 am Friday morning to catch a flight from Indianapolis to Orlando, Florida.  We arrived in Orlando at 8:15 am and rented a car for the 90 minute drive to Melbourne Beach. Looked the car over, test drove it, and then exchanged funds at his bank getting back on the road to Orlando to drop the rental car off around 12:15 pm. Drove back home by way of Indy to grab my car left at the airport and made it home 8:15 Saturday morning.

Very happy with how the car drives. A very nice place to spend an extended (1200 mile) drive even thought it is the lowest optioned Boxster that I have seen (heated seats, Bluetooth, audio in, floor mats). Current plan is to perform 60k mile maintenance and just drive it as is this year. I really hope to own a German car without having the German car ownership experience but only time will tell.

This was my second Florida fly-n-drive with the last one being in 2019 for the purchase of spinout’s 2006 Miata. I am currently on the fence regarding what to do with it since it is now a bit redundant. The age old dilemma of having a 3 car garage and 4 cars in the household. The daily driver Fusion will have to stay outside until I come up with a plan but there is a decent chance the Miata will listed for sale soon.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/10/23 12:29 p.m.

Congratulations and welcome (kinda) to Florida. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/10/23 1:35 p.m.

PM sent to you on the Miata. Locking in as #1 interested. 

fusion66
fusion66 Reader
4/10/23 1:47 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

PM replied 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/23 1:55 p.m.

Something about great minds!

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/trips-adventures-and-get-togethers/fly-boxster-tail-home/240025/page1/

fusion66
fusion66 Reader
4/10/23 2:02 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Who knew that Boxster's migrate north in the spring...interesting phenomenon smiley

RacerBoy75
RacerBoy75 Reader
4/10/23 8:35 p.m.

Congratulations on the Boxster. They are fun cars, and your 2009 has the much-improved engine design. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kG0418wfH6X4w37zMbI2JpxaHkSRMBWY4fBusL5jbQ6YdqhRbA9Ixi2fUylKf4fu