Osterkraut
Osterkraut New Reader
6/22/08 9:06 p.m.

I'm really, really hoping bad things don't come in threes.... Dino Cresentini killed.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/22/08 10:39 p.m.

Scott and I met him at this year's Mitty. Very nice gentleman. Sure this isn't a bad dream?

QuasiMondo
QuasiMondo New Reader
6/22/08 10:44 p.m.

Not a good weekend at all in the world of racing.

Ryan9118
Ryan9118 Reader
6/23/08 1:10 a.m.

Ove Andersson, the guy that headed Toyota's F1 program for a while, died in a vintage rally sometime last week as well.

alfadriver
alfadriver New Reader
6/23/08 6:58 a.m.

He's going to be sorely missed- Dino was a great guy! And a true Alfisti- he also had a former F1 Alfa and a T33 Sports car.

Very sad. Really great guy. :(

Eric

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/08 12:41 p.m.

I hate to hear about rich people who kill themselves needlessly. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against what he was doing. But how many people get rich and then think that they are a better pilot and end up crashing their plane? Or helicopter? Did he need to have a Can Am Car? That is a beast that even the pros had a hard time controlling! Ahh well, I guess whenever you die behind the wheel of a race car it is a needless tragedy, be it a beater Honda or an ultra-exotic. Sad day indeed.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
6/23/08 9:24 p.m.

That's a shame.

At work today, the service writer was watching a video of a funny car at Englishtown that hit the barrier at the end of the track at about 250 mph because the car blew up and the chutes didn't come out. An old friend of his was driving the car, and was killed. Sad.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vJDubR6lCvnEl72R6Gsoonj3XT5gworkAnBUhH22AzU1WNPQttwrPHRcIbzPuh6e