1 2
bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/15/14 11:52 a.m.

Do these have a 3rd row seat option? If so one may be my next purchase....

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
9/15/14 1:51 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
Ian F wrote: In reply to motomoron: Dude... complaining and arguing are what we do.
No it isn't!

That's stupid!

SEADave
SEADave Reader
9/15/14 2:16 p.m.

Meh. I looked at a car pretty much like the one in the original post back when we were looking for a BMW.

It was also a black 525iT with about 90k miles and priced around $8500 too (IIRC). The car was at one of those "BMW specialty" used car lots, you know the places that always have E30 M3's and modded 2002's for sale and incorporate the "M" stripes into their logo. I expected to be surrounded by knowledgeable BMW guys/gals who could answer a question or two.

Instead we were given the keys and told that the car may have some "seeping." Soon after leaving the dealership we could smell oil, and a few minutes later we had actual smoke rising up from under the hood. We brought it back and they shrugged at us and we left.

A few days later we found my 5sp sport package E36 328i at a private owner, and picked it up for $3200. As cool as the E39 wagon was, there was no way that it was worth anything like what they wanted. I would still pick one up for the right price, but that price sure isn't going to be anywhere north of $4-5k. Unicorn or not, it just wasn't that special.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
9/15/14 8:04 p.m.

My son bought a '01 525iT today. Haven't seen it yet. He's enthused. I think it's his 5th BMW in the past 10 years or so.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
liF5nylAJclYQg1DwiM39deEemNN7ANtz1XxhW54Bw7jXr4uW3XE6BUbTLR2V6xJ