1 ... 3 4 5
etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
1/29/24 9:12 a.m.

I had a ratty zx3 once that was way more fun than I expected. (Not seen here)

Evanuel9
Evanuel9 Reader
1/29/24 3:14 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

I found a couple that don't look terrible. I'll post em up here when I get off work. I'm not terribly afraid of doing my own work or having the car down for a bit and taking the bus if I get a cooler car

Evanuel9
Evanuel9 Reader
1/29/24 3:15 p.m.

In reply to etifosi :

Those are neat! That livery helps fix it but I could never get past the looks lol

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
1/30/24 6:17 p.m.
Evanuel9 said:

In reply to WOW Really Paul? :

isn't z3 still multilink and not trailing arm rear?

Nope, it's the same as the ti. The z3m is slightly beefed up, but of the same general design.

WOW Really Paul?
1/30/24 6:34 p.m.
Evanuel9 said:

I really really REALLY want a 318ti. I've been searching endlessly for one. The only two in my area that were stick - one had the seller ignore me (and a broken starter), and the other had electrical issues and sold before I could look at it. They're impossible to find

While they made a bunch of them, most were spared the indignity of the dorifto crowd. There's been significant attrition on swapped cars getting totaled, most of the automatics went to the scrapyards, and to find a nice well kept one blows your budget. There's also several of us that stripped everything that wasn't necessary from them. 

Evanuel9
Evanuel9 Reader
1/31/24 9:41 p.m.

Huh, did not know lol. So the 318ti is a lighter, better looking, more practical z3 :D

Evanuel9
Evanuel9 Reader
1/31/24 9:42 p.m.

Damn you lol. 

In all seriousness do you like it? Do you notice the wewight benefit over a regular 3 series?

WOW Really Paul?
2/1/24 9:27 p.m.

In reply to Evanuel9 :

Mine has been sitting, but they are an acquired taste TBH. They require a much higher floor skill level wise to drive them fast as well. The e36 coupe & sedan are far easier to drive. 

Evanuel9
Evanuel9 Reader
2/1/24 9:46 p.m.

Thoughts on the Honda Insight? Definitely not hotted up or sporty but they're sub 2000 lbs, manual, very rigid chassis, and honda fun/reliability. Worse suspension than same generation civics but same suspension as a honda fit or mazda2 (strut front torsion beam rear).

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/1/24 10:12 p.m.

If you are using one as a starting point for a motor swap, sure.

If you want to race it in any way short of that, nope.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UberDork
2/1/24 10:29 p.m.
Evanuel9 said:

Thoughts on the Honda Insight? Definitely not hotted up or sporty but they're sub 2000 lbs, manual, very rigid chassis, and honda fun/reliability. Worse suspension than same generation civics but same suspension as a honda fit or mazda2 (strut front torsion beam rear).

Yeah not a race car at all until you engine swap it.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L1vjBJwOIjsYVaPmjtTVPcQpbG8aH0U0nU1yrEGdnp5h1oWOcVAGUNatatFuRQYX