1 2
Apis_Mellifera
Apis_Mellifera Reader
9/26/14 8:18 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to Apis_Mellifera: So what is that final color? I think it looks good, BTW.

Toward the top of this thread is a photo of the first color, which despite being awesomely metallic gold, was too orange and flashy for this car. The last photo shows a more traditional gold with polished lip, though the gold has a satin Subaru-style finish.

And btw, I received a bill for $1.50 and a cease and desist letter from the law firm representing the Carroll Shelby estate for use of the Shelby name in this thread and failure to obtain written consent to use the wheels on my MGA. Thankfully TMBG are less litigious.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
9/26/14 8:25 a.m.

In reply to Apis_Mellifera:

What I'm asking is what paint brand and color did you use in the end?

Apis_Mellifera
Apis_Mellifera Reader
9/26/14 8:29 a.m.

Duplicolor Ford Harvest Gold or something.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
9/26/14 12:23 p.m.

I like the final color. Looks dark enough from the pics to me. Any darker and you risk being back where you started.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
9/26/14 12:27 p.m.
ncjay wrote: This may be too orange for most people. Your wheels aren't even close. Also might want to consider that after a bit of time in the sun, the color will fade a bit.

I want to paint my truck that color.

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
9/26/14 10:22 p.m.

That's not so bad. I like these people that paint their wheels, and tires sometimes, in silver when they were trying to get it that grey color that most factories use on their steel wheels.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sTzTH6IIkpLXsdmHnr3O7K0dPRXAI4Di3RA8O1IsxjGEkakeFn07wLrE5N0VTxAP