1 2
a401cj
a401cj GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/31/11 5:08 p.m.

I can't wait to build mine. I'm using a Dmax though

PS...can't believe that an 8.1 would out pull a Dmax.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
12/31/11 7:44 p.m.

I though the 8.1L was rather nice in a 26ft. U-Haul truck I drove loaded with 1700 sq/ft of house in it. It when up and down the interstate pretty nicely. I can't imagine all that seamless tq in a 3500lb car

thunderzy
thunderzy Reader
12/31/11 11:56 p.m.
hotrodlarry wrote:
thunderzy wrote: Been wanting to build exactly that for years now!!! So awesome!! Now all I need to do is find a manual trans g-body
Most of the g-bodys I've seen have the knock out panels in the floor for the shifter and pedals. hardest part is finding the parts. I had a '87 Cutlass 2 door that had a 3 speed manual trans. It made a boring car fun to drive.

You don't say. Any links to trans swaps?

novaderrik
novaderrik Dork
1/1/12 1:59 a.m.
a401cj wrote: I can't wait to build mine. I'm using a Dmax though PS...can't believe that an 8.1 would out pull a Dmax.

this was stock to stock, and in that particular application- pulling a pair of modified pulling tractors all over the upper midwest on a gooseneck trailer. he just liked the way the 8.1 worked compared to the Duramax that replaced it.

Fuzzylogic
Fuzzylogic New Reader
1/3/12 1:42 p.m.

Oh wow. Makes me think about yanking the Cad 8.2L out've my '74 Eldorado and finding a station wagon. A Ford LTD. Or something.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/3/12 1:46 p.m.

I would add this:

a401cj
a401cj GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/3/12 2:51 p.m.
Fuzzylogic wrote: Oh wow. Makes me think about yanking the Cad 8.2L out've my '74 Eldorado and finding a station wagon. A Ford LTD. Or something.

your Caddy will make monster power with the right parts. I think you'd be way ahead $ wise to jst find the 8.1 Chevy in junkyard though. They've been out for awhile now. Shouldn't be that hard to find

Fuzzylogic
Fuzzylogic New Reader
1/3/12 4:25 p.m.

Wow, this gives me wicked ideas for the 8.2L 500 in my '74 Caddy...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UIQZHKkR9GgFaDaXNvQGV9Z5yvF5YJK7z47YhnjUMAUmrHr2KYeGCfmgIZX3oPiu