1 2 3
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/1/23 11:03 p.m.

My winter project. An 89 MO30 951. It was sent to the shop today via flat bed after sitting for. ....    ...  ..  Since before Covid?  Dropping some $$$ (ok about 10k)  to have everything wrong with it corrected and the car completely restored to factory condition with improvements done as needed for more reliability or easier future servicing.  

So next spring it will be all set to enjoy for years to come.  I may sell it I may keep it. I don't know but it is a good feeling to not just have it sitting. It is also a good feeling to have it starting its next phase of life under my stewardship. 

I realized about a year ago I was not going to get to it so I started stashing $$$ aside to just get the work done and complete the project.  It is a liberating experience to know it will finally be completed.  I also realized I am better at making the $$$ to pay someone to fix/restore the car than for me to do it my self.  In the end the math works in my favor as I will have to work less hours to pay for this than the number of hours I would have had to put in to the car my self.  The time saved I can spend doing fun things or with family instead of ignoring them because I am working on the car.  A better life balance has been achieved by doing it this way.  

Not sure it makes sense to you all but it does to me.  

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8HnLcHdbbsN2unu1B3pooxLtmxTx0fnCc4pDUKToi4WR6fSOeNGbGA9aLuUurhQE