Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
6/30/09 1:09 p.m.

Looks like there is an autocross at Bristol TN on July 12th. Tommy and I are planning on attending the Street Survival school the previous day in Scottsboro AL. We have a meeting at Nissan on Monday a.m., so were thinking of autocrossing on Sunday. Any of you guys got any info on either of these events?

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
6/30/09 1:27 p.m.

We'll be in the black E30, if you were wondering.

Bug
Bug
6/30/09 5:50 p.m.
wbjones
wbjones New Reader
6/30/09 5:53 p.m.

ETR puts on a very nice show ( http://etrscca.org ) go to their web site and you can see some in-car video of the auto-x at Bristol this past weekend. the course is usually ~60 sec and sometimes us low powered cars (CRX/Miata) get a couple of sec of third gear

reg online and save some money... hope to see you there

a really good group of folks

nicksta43
nicksta43 New Reader
6/30/09 6:57 p.m.

In reply to wbjones:

+1 Bristol is my favorite site. Been showing up at there events on and off for the past two years and it's always a good time.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
6/30/09 9:11 p.m.

Actually didn't realize how far Bristol is from Nashville and we just found an event in Nashville for that day (Lebanon), so we will go there instead. We need to be in Nashville Monday a.m. anyway.

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 New Reader
7/1/09 6:55 p.m.

I'm originally from Bristol and my dad still lives there. We're going down to visit on the 25th, so I'll miss the next event. It would be a blast to autocross while I'm there, so I'll keep an eye on the schedule. Thanks for posting that. I didn't think they had a lot with that much room. Looks like great fun.

VanillaSky
VanillaSky Reader
7/1/09 8:15 p.m.

I have a lot of family that lives that area. Maybe I can use this as a bargaining chip to take a vacation.

fastmiata
fastmiata New Reader
7/1/09 8:21 p.m.

As RE for ETR-SCCA, we appreciate the plug for our event at Bristol. The size of the lot and location allow us to do some things that you wouldnt be able to do in normal circumstances. Come on down and enjoy some east tennessee hospitality.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NxLGdL5UGBgR1Ywkir2jKtp00VyM9njEn9FZJhbpQF3NZVNq0W5TWSWr9wPQx7J3