1 2
Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/13/13 3:31 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: I thank God every day for everything.

I couldn't have put it better.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/13/13 3:46 p.m.

I think that either the big guy hates me or he gets tremendous amusement watching me keep a 26 year old Porsche running and use it as my DD.

Actually I think it means he has a huge cense of humor. ..

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/13/13 3:48 p.m.

Ohya and this thread would not be complete with out this little joke I heard rite here on GRM

Q: If god was to drive a car what would it be?

A: An Accord.. . . . .

Shows are at 10 and 11 and please tip your server.

jdbuilder
jdbuilder Reader
9/13/13 4:18 p.m.
scardeal wrote: The man, the road, the car A triune spirit, drawing man Into the eternal heavens Lifting his thoughts to the Almighty The purging fire Transforming death into life An eternal moment Captured in time Hundreds, nay thousands Come together Under the tent of the sky To see what man hath wrought Creature like Creator Bending matter to his will Beauty out of formless mass Order out of chaos

Who wrote that! This accurately reflects how i feel.

jdbuilder
jdbuilder Reader
9/13/13 4:28 p.m.

In reply to Luke:

This was my point, not whether homeboy exists or not. There is something to having a good day with your car that lifts you up. People engineer it, people build it, I maintain it, but there is something to be grateful for when it all chaotically works together. What or who you attribute it to is your personal preference.

Just saying, damn I had a good day in my E36 M3/4/5. (With a kiss and a peace sign towards the sky )

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/13/13 8:09 p.m.

Like Lesley, I pat my DD and the Jensen Healey then thank the engineers who put it all together. When I get done with the Jensenator, I pat it...

then pat myself on the back.

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT HalfDork
9/13/13 9:14 p.m.
octavious wrote: I don't think I have ever thanked him for a car running correctly, mostly because if I worked on the car it probably involved some form of cussing or me throwing things. So I probably should pray for forgiveness for cussing and help with anger management at an inanimate object instead.

I have nothing to add to that.

David

scardeal
scardeal Dork
9/14/13 6:39 p.m.
jdbuilder wrote: Who wrote that!

I did. I didn't even cheat off of St. John Chrysostom. I swear!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
9/15/13 8:47 a.m.

did they drive muscle cars in bible times?

King Herod's daughter asked for the head of John the Baptist in a charger.....(joke only works in King James - KJV)

Mark 6:25 and she came in straightway with haste unto the king, and asked, saying, I will that thou give me by and by in a charger the head of John the Baptist.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
9/15/13 8:53 a.m.

did they drive Honda's back in bible times? Yes, the apostles were in one accord (once again, KJV only)

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
9/15/13 8:58 a.m.

how about any Plymouth's?

Isaiah 63:3a I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury.......

and there is one about David's Triumph being heard through the land.........

kb58
kb58 HalfDork
9/15/13 12:40 p.m.

When I see religion creeping into threads I hear the computer voice in the cockpit saying "Pull up.... Pull up..."

I will say though that having now built two cars from scratch, both are oddly more than the sum of their parts. Religion, maybe not, but it does seem to involve... something.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
9/15/13 1:13 p.m.
kb58 wrote: I will say though that having now built two cars from scratch, both are oddly more than the sum of their parts. Religion, maybe not, but it does seem to involve... something.

Hope so....I'll tell you if I feel the same way when I get my datsun replica running. I will say that it doesn't feel like a pile of busted appliances.

jdbuilder
jdbuilder Reader
9/15/13 7:44 p.m.
scardeal wrote:
jdbuilder wrote: Who wrote that!
I did. I didn't even cheat off of St. John Chrysostom. I swear!

Ok that saint exists so I'm not sure if your being facetious or not

scardeal
scardeal Dork
9/16/13 8:49 a.m.
jdbuilder wrote: Ok that saint exists so I'm not sure if your being facetious or not

The only place you're going to find that poem is on this thread.

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
9/16/13 9:07 a.m.

The L-body Turbo Is my Shepherd,

I Shall Not Want.

It maketh me burnout on black pavements,

It leadeth me beside busy freeways.

It restoreth my soul.

It leads me in the path of quickness, For its name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of rice,

I shall fear no V-8's, for Boost art with me.

Thy rod and Thy piston, they comfort me.

Thou preparest a track before me.

In the presence of mine enemies,

Thou hast anointed my bearings with oil.

My car overpowers.

Surely traction and victory shall follow me

all the days of my life.

And I shall dwell in the house of the Shelby Dodge forever.

Amen.
Strathclyde
Strathclyde New Reader
9/17/13 3:59 a.m.

I usually don't (I'm an E36 M3-y Christian), but I really should offer fervent prayers of thanksgiving and praise whenever I hop into my '72 MG Midget and actually get somewhere.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hqngLJrz5jHRSTdhxWM1hlJQUlc1F5jv3gFFGSoNDxQG6iqmtoBjpg6T36bOfpBM