1 ... 21 22 23
lnlogauge
lnlogauge HalfDork
6/3/23 10:21 a.m.

This fuel line was replaced with hose and clamps before my ownership. Its now come apart and sprayed gas everywhere twice now. I can't find what part its supposed to be, or more specifically what clamps it uses. If its just a simple line I'll get new hose, but I suspect for fuel they did something other than just clamps. Can anyone provide what this is supposed to be? Once I know what it looks like I can have an easier time finding a part number. 

Edit: I think this is it below. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
6/3/23 11:26 a.m.

Ours is a 2006 with the 2.3, hope it helps.

lnlogauge
lnlogauge HalfDork
6/3/23 1:01 p.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

Yes that absolutely does. Thank you!!!!!

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
12/4/23 3:04 p.m.

So I have finally been getting into the suspension refresh on my wife's 5. I went ahead and fired the parts cannon as she will be keeping it awhile. 

Here are the isssues 

1. Suspension clunk - feared it was balljoints, turn out it was front sway bushings were shot.  
  2. Suspension wander, it just doesnt feel as tight as it did, bounces more too. 
  3. Turn signal wont self cancel
  4. Sensor that detects drivers door open doesnt work (car wont light up inside for driver) 
  5. rear power door locks inconsistent operation. 
  6. Rear quarter panel rust
  7. body damage on pass side. 

Its either fix this, get the wife something new, or let her steal my Maverick (NOoooo!)

Been chipping at the front end, got the struts out and replaced as well as the lower control arms. I started working on the swaybay.  Of course a swaybar mount bolt sheared and of course it was one that was hard to get to (trying to undo it was one click at a time on the ratchet.  So I just finished dropping the front suspension subframe to drill out and tap the hole...  I guess at least it isnt that hard to drop the subframe on these. (having a 4 post lift with bridge jack helps). 

Let's see what else I find. 

CyberEric
CyberEric SuperDork
12/4/23 5:04 p.m.

What is that around the exhaust? Is that normal?

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
12/4/23 6:29 p.m.

In reply to CyberEric :

Insulation/heat shielding, the foil component disintegrated, I have some aluminum taping to do while it's apart.

Item 9 here

https://www.mazdastuff.com/Mazda-5-Heat-shield-p/c235-56-442b-105229.htm

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/16/23 11:34 a.m.

What kind of sway bar bushings did you go with? Ours are a little graunchy over big undulations like speed bumps and will probably need to be dealt with eventually. I'm half tempted to go with poly for longevity if rubber bushings invariably self-destruct.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
12/17/23 3:27 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

I went with whatever rock auto had.  I actually accidentally ordered two sets. Thing is they were less than $10, so I'm not sure it's worth shipping on on their own.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/17/23 3:40 p.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

Having a spare set ready and waiting on your shelf doesn't seem like a bad use of less than ten dollars.

1 ... 21 22 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Avj0UaArmokm5y9v0taj22aGpgkGXqMfzSj8kw6f3QiT3EUgmGB7DUB2d60AeYax