1 2 3 4
Murphy
Murphy Reader
9/17/16 7:23 p.m.

Bought a rough e39 BMW today, instead of the stupid spare tire I got something much better, 2 bags of gravel and a roll of toilet paper. In the spare tire area cavity of course.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
9/17/16 7:30 p.m.

Ruger.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/16 7:31 p.m.

This is the pile that was in SanFord when I got it home. There was junk in every nook and cranny throughout the entire vehicle. That even included a extra kitchen sink.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
9/17/16 7:38 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

When I lived in a older 'hood my old guy neighbor moved and asked the young kid if it was okay to leave a few paint cans and boards and some random yard tools. The guy takes possession and orders a dumpster which he filled. He was totally pissed the old man left a ton of E36 M3.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
9/17/16 8:01 p.m.

I found a half dozen tampons in behind the glove box on kenmore.

I have found snap on tools.

Best would have to be all the crap in the bed of my nieces truck, including a hockey mask.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
9/17/16 8:11 p.m.

I found over $40 in change. Yes, $40!

gearheadmb
gearheadmb HalfDork
9/17/16 8:17 p.m.

Not mine, but the local police would make cruisers out of seized drug cars. They brought one in to the dealership I worked at for service. I can't remember what we were fixing but it required removing the center console. Under the console was a bag of weed.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
9/17/16 8:42 p.m.

A weed pipe cleaning tool.
A pic of a girl sitting on a couch that just said "summer '96" on the back in sharpie.
A Gerber knife, halfway decent.
A full cheapie tool set (master craft or something)

Ok those aren't very good.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/16 8:42 p.m.

I phone 6 in the Denali

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/17/16 8:44 p.m.

In reply to dculberson:

Depends on what the girl was wearing.

dropstep
dropstep Dork
9/17/16 9:15 p.m.

Full set of 3/8 drive short and longs in metric and standard sizes along with the ratchet, extensions and the carrying case. that s&k set travels with me most places these days!

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/17/16 9:29 p.m.

In my first AE86, I found a Kangol flat cap....not really my style, but I guess it could be worse. My most recent AE86 had an old can of Moosehead Lager stashed in the jack storage compartment under the jack. It was unopened, and remains so to this day! Every car in between had loose change and filthy messes, but no treasure.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/17/16 9:30 p.m.

Torque wrench and micrometer in the spare tire.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
9/17/16 9:52 p.m.

3 bills ($100, $5, $1), a military ID (fellow who was killed by friendly fire in 2001 explaining why the car sat for ten years), an absolutely incredible knife: all of those were in one car.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
9/17/16 10:08 p.m.

A Bentley service manual.

outasite
outasite Reader
9/17/16 10:27 p.m.

Exploring the nooks and crannies of recently purchased/obtained cars/trucks is always interesting and sometimes rewarding. Change in large quantities is always welcome as well as tools, new parts etc. Unusual items: SS card, plates, bowls, utensils, ammunition. Best find: double child stroller (new). Worst: A 68 Camaro SS trunk with soft ball equipment, bats, gloves, balls and catcher's mask, pads and helmet all stinking like a swamp because the trunk pan was full of water and those squiggly things.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/17/16 10:32 p.m.

Does rust count?

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
9/17/16 10:36 p.m.

Bought a '64 VW bus out of a junkyard. Apparently, a teacher owned it before. It was full of books and as started removing layers, the books were getting wetter and wetter. Ended up filling 20+ lawn bags of books. Thank goodness my waste disposal service didn't have a limit on how much I could throw away and took it all on trash day.

-Rob

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/17/16 10:53 p.m.

How about a spare tire well full of those fruity Tootsie Rolls.

No, I didn't eat them.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Reader
9/17/16 11:27 p.m.

A few yen in spare coins in my 180sx that had been imported from Japan. I glued one on the dash board :)

wae
wae Dork
9/17/16 11:36 p.m.

About five pounds of used acorn shells in the heater core and 1,500 loose alcohol swab packets in the spare tire well.

My wife came with a Ford Ranger. Does that count?

JAhmed
JAhmed Reader
9/17/16 11:39 p.m.

$700 in a 2003 Honda Accord.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
9/17/16 11:55 p.m.

Found a dope pipe once. The guy I bought it from said his name was "Eric Clapton"... No joke. Then, in the course of haggling, he asked if I was "420 friendly". I paid CASH for the 240sx once the title was produced AND he showed me an ID with his name on it. "Ted Clapton". I immediately drove to a police station and asked for a dog sniff. Mr. K9 found it under the passenger seat. To this day, if they aren't "upstanding citizens", I get a sniff test.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
9/18/16 1:49 a.m.

I forgot. In the trunk of the $900 gs400 there was a 22" aluminum rim(sold for scrap, $17) and a small Baggie with an orange pill that I'm pretty sure was ecstasy. I didn't sample it.

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
9/18/16 6:02 a.m.

Nothing of value, but in my sketchy $800 '86 Firebird, I found I think 12 empty pain pill bottles and some paperwork that suggested the previous owner was trying to get his CDL. Other details about that car have since made me think of questions I don't really want answers too.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wIcSN5ro5KUq75GcxYpHZ9WxDuQqQcpXhiH9JZ69bDIsMJbI6eTttezF02htbXW1