1 2 3 4
spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
9/18/16 7:55 p.m.
wae wrote: My wife came with a Ford Ranger. Does that count?

That's funny. A coworker got the same deal.

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 HalfDork
9/18/16 7:56 p.m.

Haha, a lot of it was just dumped in the center console as well... The wife and I spent that money at a amusement park. I just sold the car itself for 300.00 so I almost made 200 in profit after driving for about 3 years lol

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
9/18/16 8:00 p.m.

You guys got me beat. All I've gotten was less $2 in grungy change and a well used roach clip

Murphy
Murphy Reader
9/18/16 8:06 p.m.

Alot of syringe finds, correlation between addictive personalities and car addictions?

outasite
outasite Reader
9/18/16 8:10 p.m.
Murphy wrote: Alot of syringe finds, correlation between addictive personalities and car addictions?

I suggest PO was selling car cheap (that was possibly free to them) to get the next fix.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/18/16 8:11 p.m.

I got a set of road flares that look ancient, and an employee handbook for Zaxby's.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/18/16 8:14 p.m.

Hairy peanuts.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/18/16 8:15 p.m.

A working transmission in the RX8 I bought cheap because it supposedly had a bad transmission (it was just the pilot bearing- $6.57)

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
9/18/16 9:49 p.m.

Under the driver's seat of my e30 when I pulled the fronts to clean it out.

The channellocks are nice after some cleanup!

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/18/16 10:32 p.m.

Birth control pills, mid-way through the pack. I'm guessing the young girl was hiding them under the seat, and wasn't amused when dad sold the car without telling her.....

ssswitch
ssswitch Dork
9/18/16 11:04 p.m.

I found one of those wire-circle spark plug feeler gauges under the passenger side flip-up headlight of my Miata. It was, as you'd expect, extremely rusty. Cleaned up with some Evapo-Rust though now maybe it's not the most trustworthy of a measuring instrument. It also came with a bunch of dessicated yam fries which smelled terrible and about $700 total in parking tickets.

Every FC RX7 I've dismantled has had weed shake in the strut turret.

Every JDM Subaru I've dismantled has had an electronic toll pass reader in it, some of which scream unintelligible vocoded Japanese at you about what I assume is the total lack of a toll pass infrastructure in North America. In recent years I've noticed that either the importers or someone along the shipping chain has started stealing the JDM road flares out of the cars before they get here.

The nice senior citizen I bought my Subaru from left a Kanye West CD in the CD player. When I offered to mail it back to her she told me to just throw it away. I ended up selling it to a CD consignment shop for $5 in store credit that I never spent before they went bankrupt.

Found an original can of the canned "tire inflator" they gave you at the Datsun dealership when you buy a Z31 300ZX. Since at the time it was nearly 20 years old and had been sitting in a rusty puddle in the spare tire well, I very carefully removed it with the longest pair of kitchen tongs I had.

I'm told that some early 911s have easy-to-remove speedometers and more than a few new owners have discovered hidden treasure. If you've got one, you should go out to the car and see if you can make a new post in this thread.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/19/16 9:29 a.m.

Screwdriver and some loose change.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/19/16 9:41 a.m.

In the SAAB I went to Florida to get I found $60 in the owners manual. I was actually going to mail it back to the guy I got the car form with his plates but he turned into a bit of a shiny happy person so I bought beer instead.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
9/19/16 9:56 a.m.
Murphy wrote: Alot of syringe finds, correlation between addictive personalities and car addictions?

I think the Subaru was some sort of pharma rep or medical delivery vehicle. There were business cards and other empty wrappers in the car. So, not a junkie in my case. Just a slob.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
9/19/16 10:05 a.m.

Full set of brand new in box Bilstein Sports. 15 years old but stored upright and were good to run for a season before I had them rebuilt and revalved.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
9/19/16 10:13 a.m.

The reported "blown" engine took us all over the southeast clocking near 25k miles before it was parked two years ago. It started without an issue last weekend.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
9/19/16 10:15 a.m.
Murphy wrote: I found the Ace of Spades playing card in the Volvo wagon I bought last year. Trans lasted about 8 months in that one.

My '66 Dodge Dart had a complete 1960s era deck of playing cards under the seat.

A less usable find in the same car was a bunch of dried peppers.

Dave
Dave Reader
9/19/16 10:22 a.m.

FuzzBuster radar detector in a Reliant Scimitar. Had some rusty horse riding gear in there too.

I once bought a Lada Niva that had some much crap in it I didn't realize the rear seat was missing. Mostly junk but I got some tools from it.

golfduke
golfduke Reader
9/19/16 11:34 a.m.

I found a flock of seagulls CD. Pretty sure I lose everything.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
9/19/16 11:36 a.m.

In reply to golfduke:

Maybe I should have thrown the knife and pliers back in the e30 for you!

Murphy
Murphy Reader
9/19/16 1:49 p.m.

Wait, Im stuck at "CD consignment store".

golfduke
golfduke Reader
9/19/16 1:56 p.m.
cmcgregor wrote: In reply to golfduke: Maybe I should have thrown the knife and pliers back in the e30 for you!

Haha, I'd have surely used both to thoroughly destroy that CD! Who willingly purchases a Flock of Seagulls CD... really?

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
9/19/16 2:26 p.m.

Back in high school, my older sister worked at a Hyundai dealer. That dealer had "Push It, Pull it, Tow It" trade-in events where they would "Guarantee $2000 trade-in value" on the trade. For some reason, those prospective Hyundai buyers all drove non-Mustang Fox Body cars, and they would sell them as-is for $250 to employees. At one sale, I had a choice of either a 1984 Cougar XR7 Turbo (with a 5-speed!) or a 1987 Cougar XR7 with a 5.0/AOD. I chose the latter, and despite a caved-in quarter panel and gross interior, I drove the thing home. Then, the clean-up began.

This is what I found just under the hood:

-3 non-functioning discount store car alarms

-about 100 FEET of wire that went to nothing

-a full size bath towel

-a metal fork, knife, and spoon

-an old Chips Ahoy! box that was folded up into a little square and jammed INSIDE the driver's side headlight

-about 5 plastic oil bottles

Inside the car...

-half a bag of petrified Skittles that molecularly bonded to the carpet

-one Sandy Reyes cassette tape

-multiple packs of EZ Wider rolling papers

-roach clips

-one parent teacher newsletter

-a tennis racket bag but no racket

Another good one is the stuff I found in my Trans Am project.

-Various screwdrivers jammed into all sorts of places in the undercarriage

-a chromed skull shift knob on the Hurst Dual Gate (I named him Frank)

-one chromed skull lock knob (Frank Jr.)

-A set of window cranks from a Mustang II (pretty cool actually, they matched the Formula wheel)

-two very worn Taz floormats

-various terrible "butt rock" CD's

-one very 1980's ladies' earring under the back seat

-about $12 in change

-a handful of New Hampshire Mass Transit tokens

-two Alpine 4" speakers stuffed inside the center console

and the best one:

-A switch wired into the dash that had no function, wired directly to the battery's positive terminal, and it has no ground. YOU become the ground when you touch it. I had no idea, and kept hooking it up for years when connecting and disconnecting the battery. I called it "The Tickler".

The Hoff
The Hoff UltraDork
9/19/16 2:35 p.m.

Found a decent Magellan GPS behind the seat of my 89 C1500. Perfect find since the speedo doesn't work, so now I have a satellite speedo

PseudoSport
PseudoSport Dork
9/19/16 3:34 p.m.

Not a car but I once bought the entire contents of a storage unit that was full of Datsun parts. In the mix was a trash bag full of raisins.

I was afraid that maybe the guy was hiding drugs or possibly a severed head or something. Eventually I messaged the seller back and asked "So...what's the deal with the raisins?" Turns out they were for a senior prank that was never carried out. Every day at lunch the guy and his friends would take the raisins they got with lunch and collected them in an empty locker. At some point the raisins were moved to the storage unit then forgotten about.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zjuh5t3sOZPNWhyLA7VsPBXcYuUlSpi9LYm1U286LxSRxAql3tBVk3ubLYVI0cng