1 2
budget_bandit
budget_bandit Reader
10/7/24 10:35 a.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

seconding this. get a F-150 RCSB 4x4 with the coyote, put a whipple on it and run 9s. Those things are bananas

EDIT: get a 4 door, missed that is a requirement. you'll have to settle for mid-9s.

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
10/7/24 10:42 a.m.
budget_bandit said:

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

seconding this. get a F-150 RCSB 4x4 with the coyote, put a whipple on it and run 9s. Those things are bananas

Cletus has a YT video where they did exactly this.

budget_bandit
budget_bandit Reader
10/7/24 10:48 a.m.

In reply to kb58 :

that's where i first came across that combo! i dig it

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
10/7/24 11:17 a.m.
wearymicrobe said:

even the hellcats

To answer this I would need to know how many street takeovers you usually participate in per week.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
10/7/24 12:07 p.m.

Boosted V8?

4 doors?

Crappy roads?

Get a Ram TRX! 

chaparral
chaparral SuperDork
10/7/24 12:42 p.m.

I think the Cadillac Blackwings are the obvious choice and future classics to boot.

Two left-field options to test drive: a Golf R Autobahn and a Model 3 Performance. Both have a nice low denominator in their power-to-weight ratios. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
10/10/24 2:10 p.m.

Looked at the Blackwing one more time it fits a bunch of boxes but I would have to sell the truck which would not be ideal. Raptor R is a ton of fun and if I could get one at MSRP or under to cover some of the taxes that would be the pick as it toes everything. 

The TRX is ungodly to insure like 2.5x the Raptor R for some reason. Assuming people change the blowers and make way way to much power. 

The dark house was a F2/350 7.3 with the performace blower in a high spec. Which I am not sure I can actually get as they are light on the ground and the blower is not 100% through CARB yet for approval. 

So after talking it over with the family we decided to look at just keeping the XL, spend some cash making it nice inside (leather seat covers, big stereo and side steps for the wife,maybe the P700 blower if its allowed on the long bed) Then doing something stupid and fun. So I put an offer on a friends/friends supercharged coyote FFR MK4 Cobra up in San Franciso. I have no belief that it will pass because it is stupid cheap for what it is but if its solid and has the SB100 sticker like they say it will keep me occupied for a few years

Opti
Opti UltraDork
10/10/24 2:40 p.m.

TRX is the correct answer. Replace the truck with another truck, just better.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
10/10/24 5:16 p.m.

Don't get me wrong, I would lust after another FFR.  I had one for years.  Just understand that it's a complete one trick pony.  No windows, no AC, probably no heater, loud, stuff as E36 M3, on and on.  There's nothing like it on that warm and sunny day and a clean road.  During other times, not so much.

It's been mentioned, but I would give strong consideration to the Hellcat.  Nevermind the reputation it has, as a fast and competent blown 4 door it's stellar.  The ride won't punish you, it's fast in a straight line and quite good on a twisty road.

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
10/10/24 5:35 p.m.

How can any discussion of boosted V8 nice cars be complete without discussing the AMG options.  Anything -63 is amazing.  

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/10/24 10:07 p.m.

Love the RS6. There are a few in my neighborhood and they are gorgeous. They also sound very very nice. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SS6NQc9Pa9m1123hc3m7HyiRtM4X5oEfvwoEBisK9a2UoDQQwbghjbzG2ZthdkcY