1 2
jimbbski
jimbbski HalfDork
2/4/13 11:38 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: My SVT Contour had increadably comfortable seats. My Saab 900 had totaly trashed leather seats, so I spent a fortune with Powar and bought another set of dark blue velour 900 seats ( No Tom they are NOT purple) that I'm re-fitting as part of my interior resto.

+1 on the SVT Contour seats being comfortable. I've spent whole days driving mine and have never had any issues when I arrived at my destination. Not the highest quality leather but the adjustments and padding are as good as you can hope for.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/4/13 11:57 a.m.

I bought my Evo 8 recaros already adapted to taurus seat brackets for $300........granted they're going in a car thats about double the grm challenge budget now.....

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
2/4/13 12:07 p.m.

My Volvo 850 probably had the most comfy seats of any car I've had. I always liked the seats out of the old Bonneville SSEi as well.

golfduke
golfduke New Reader
2/4/13 12:15 p.m.

I've got some E36 M3 vaders in Modena color (disgusting tannish orange). Drivers seat has copius duct tape, but they are structurally sound.

They are piggy though, but as a result I've NEVER sat in a more customizable seat.

I don't even know what they're worth, but if you want them I can find out. They're just sitting in the garage.

Nashco
Nashco UltraDork
2/4/13 2:11 p.m.

That's a pretty vague request. There are a few factors that matter and are pretty significant IMO. Comfort, bolster support, weight, color/pattern, upholstery material, adjustability, tilt mechanism, cost, size, styling, etc. Lots of factors, and the important ones are totally different depending on the person and application. This is why there are so many different types of OEM seats.

Bryce

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica None
2/4/13 2:43 p.m.

I've always been a fan of the Generation 1 Integra seats. They're well bolstered and supportive, but soft enough for long drives. They're almost all two-tone and they have hollow headrests, which makes them cool for your 80's crapper. I find them to be reasonably light and narrow enough for most applications. The sliding bases are easily adapted. My only qualm with them is that the backs don't go vertical enough for my likes, I feel like I'm driving around getting my "Cholo Lean" on.

rbankracing
rbankracing New Reader
2/4/13 3:50 p.m.

We are going to the ChumpCar race at Road Atlanta this weekend and could bring along seats from a late model SAAB Aero if you would like. I can make a pretty good deal on them for you too I would say. You would have to pick them up at the track on Friday or Saturday or maybe I could deliver them to you on Sunday as it looks like you aren't far from the track. I can email pics of the seats we have if you would like. Robin.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
2/4/13 3:52 p.m.

EP honda Si seats are quite nice, they look and feel like a race seat too, just a little more cushy.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Reader
2/4/13 5:18 p.m.

Early Cadillac CTS seats are superb. 2004-6 GTO seats are pretty good too. GTOs get parted out all the time because they are totaled in pretty light hits.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
2/4/13 5:46 p.m.
conesare2seconds wrote: Early Cadillac CTS seats are superb. 2004-6 GTO seats are pretty good too. GTOs get parted out all the time because they are totaled in pretty light hits.

Yeah their body panels/parts are crazy expensive

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/4/13 7:23 p.m.

Like caddy cts's

ls1fiero
ls1fiero Reader
2/4/13 7:51 p.m.

In reply to rbankracing: Wow, Cool! Please send pics and pricing to mike.champ@hotmail

ls1fiero
ls1fiero Reader
2/4/13 8:12 p.m.

Excellent info as always. Bryce brings up a great point. I restored a 745T some years back and used to go sit in the car when my back hurt. Colors? My car is black and tan so most will work. So then,supportive but not binding. Very adjustable. Cloth or leather are fine as long as they are not slippery. Lumbar support. Open headrests are cool.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vowBJphWMco8LOtmkkdAuiSF14AOrdoVvc8Dmk2SrMFxivrr3lQXFgOe8c8TCnr3