1 2
bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
5/3/13 11:59 a.m.

I need a set for my 330ci. I've been tortured by cheap mats in the past, so OEM quality or better is what I'm looking for. Carpeted, as I already have rubber mats. Looking for suggestions on brand and source. Thanks!

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/3/13 12:01 p.m.

I'm guessing you already explored this option and this is why you posted the thread, but i've never had a floor mat as nice as the OEM mats in any car, so if i were to buy floor mats today, i'd buy OEM mats.

So in this case: BMW and "The BMW Dealer."

And now after this smartass post, i'm going to subscribe to this thread because it's relevant to my interests.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
5/3/13 12:04 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

I'm open to getting OEM floor mats, although the guy I bought the car from claimed the mounting scheme sucks and they tear. If he's correct, then maybe I want something else. If he's not, then suggestions on where to get the best price would be next.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
5/3/13 12:07 p.m.

I loved the OEM floor mats in my E30, but they only lasted a year or so before delaminating.

I'd avoid weathertech unless you can test them in person. I ordered a set for my old Geo, and even though the description (and price) said "custom fit," they were clearly for a completely different application.

The Trooper came with a set of these:

And though they're butt ugly, they are really really practical and fit well.

That's all I've got to say about that.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
5/3/13 12:07 p.m.

I like the $20 rubber set they sell at Sam's Club. The set in my wife's car is over 6 years old and has been in two cars over a total of more than 100k miles. They still function great and look good.
I had them in my e30 with a little altering for the floor mounted gas pedal - worked great for 3 years and sold it with them.
I have a set in a Taurus. I just recently bought a set for my M-I-L's Escape which are much nicer than the overpriced factory rubber maps (sucker priced at like $70.) The Escape carpets mats suck too which is why I recommended rubber.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
5/3/13 12:08 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard:

You must have missed the part about "carpeted" floor mats, eh?

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
5/3/13 12:11 p.m.

I've been pleased with OEM mats in a few BMWs, though lately on most of my cars I tend to keep the rubber mats in year long.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
5/3/13 12:14 p.m.

ACC?

Jerry
Jerry Reader
5/3/13 12:27 p.m.

Not carpeted, but I see the ad every Sunday morning while watching CBS Sunday Morning.

Weathertec Laser cut and form-fit. A Scion friend has them but they were stupid expensive for rubber mats (IMHO).

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
5/3/13 12:29 p.m.

In reply to Jerry:

I already have a set of those, but don't like them much in the summer, which is why I'd like to get a carpeted set.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/3/13 12:38 p.m.

All I can suggest is to get some with with the pegs on the underside, those keep it from sliding on top of the stock carpet (if you still have it...if not, get smooth bottom mats).

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/13 12:40 p.m.

Cocomats.

First of all, I believe they are a sponsor, at least on the Classic side of things.

I've always liked the idea of these mats. As luck would have it, when I bought your future-Porsche, it was already so equipped and I fell in love with them.

When Porsche number two rolled into the garage, I ordered a set within the first week. I decided to get a pair for the front of the car, and one for each trunk. I started ordering online, but couldn't find a listing for a front trunk mat so I gave them a call. Drew, the owner of the company, answered the phone. He explained that they had no pattern for the front trunk of a Cayman, but if I would be so kind to make a pattern and send it to him, he would send me a matching mat at no cost. Done and done.

I have since ordered another set for the wife's car. I love Cocomats. Every car that you care about deserves a set.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/custom-coco-floor-mats/1338682/

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
5/3/13 12:46 p.m.
Woody wrote: Cocomats. First of all, I believe they are a sponsor, at least on the Classic side of things. I've always liked the idea of these mats. As luck would have it, when I bought your future-Porsche, it was already so equipped and I fell in love with them. When Porsche number two rolled into the garage, I ordered a set within the first week. I decided to get a pair for the front of the car, and one for each trunk. I started ordering online, but couldn't find a listing for a front trunk mat so I gave them a call. Drew, the owner of the company, answered the phone. He explained that they had no pattern for the front trunk of a Cayman, but if I would be so kind to make a pattern and send it to him, he would send me a matching mat at no cost. Done and done. I have since ordered another set for the wife's car. I love Cocomats. Every car that you care about deserves a set. http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/custom-coco-floor-mats/1338682/

Why?

Woody
5/3/13 12:49 p.m.

Thread hijack in 3...2...1...

Woody
5/3/13 12:50 p.m.

photo CocoMat005_zps200a30da.jpg

photo CocoMat009_zps7423d763.jpg

photo CocoMat010_zps3c8f6431.jpg

photo CocoMat012_zps9351da32.jpg

photo Cocomats003_zps21e0127c.jpg

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
5/3/13 1:06 p.m.

Cocomats are very nice. We've used them in several project cars with great results. They are about the only carpeted high-quality mats that come to mind other than OEM.

And yes, they continue to work with us, and help us to bring you this lovely forum!

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
5/3/13 1:11 p.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

But what makes them so nice? I'm not doubting, I'd just like to know. And do we get any kind of discount with them?

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/3/13 1:40 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to Joe Gearin: But what makes them so nice? I'm not doubting, I'd just like to know. And do we get any kind of discount with them?

I'd like to know, too.

I recently emailed Weathertech and told them that if they'd make a carpeted version of their floor liners, I'd buy a set. I had some in my old F-150 and they did a great job protecting the floor, were easy to clean, etc. But they were kind of... loud. Every time I'd move my foot they'd squeak. My current truck has a pretty nice luxo interior, so I'd like to stick to carpeted mats.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Reader
5/3/13 1:46 p.m.
Woody wrote: Cocomats. First of all, I believe they are a sponsor, at least on the Classic side of things. I've always liked the idea of these mats. As luck would have it, when I bought your future-Porsche, it was already so equipped and I fell in love with them. When Porsche number two rolled into the garage, I ordered a set within the first week. I decided to get a pair for the front of the car, and one for each trunk. I started ordering online, but couldn't find a listing for a front trunk mat so I gave them a call. Drew, the owner of the company, answered the phone. He explained that they had no pattern for the front trunk of a Cayman, but if I would be so kind to make a pattern and send it to him, he would send me a matching mat at no cost. Done and done. I have since ordered another set for the wife's car. I love Cocomats. Every car that you care about deserves a set. http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/custom-coco-floor-mats/1338682/

Wayyyy too much $$$$. Floor mats from Costco work just fine.

Woody
5/3/13 1:47 p.m.

They are beautiful, they are durable, they don't show dirt and you can clean them by simply taking them out and turning them over.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
5/3/13 1:48 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to Joe Gearin: But what makes them so nice? I'm not doubting, I'd just like to know. And do we get any kind of discount with them?

Did you watch the video?

Pretty much sums it up IMO.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
5/3/13 3:15 p.m.

Factory floor mats leave too much uncovered. I used indoor/ outdoor carpeting, thin enough to conform to humps n stuff, notched where necessary. Cut templates from beer box cardboard and taped 'em together. Three pcs of I/O carpeting covered the '02 Silverado standard truck cab. Factory rubber mats over that.

Traded it in 10 yrs later, factory carpet was like new. Thought the dealer would E36 M3 can them but they were sold w/ the truck.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/3/13 3:45 p.m.

I'll keep the Cocomats in mind for future project cars, but they look a little too old-school for my 2011 pickup. I do need to do something, though. The heel area is already getting pretty worn with only 18k miles.

Woody
5/3/13 3:46 p.m.
Sine_Qua_Non wrote: Wayyyy too much $$$$. Floor mats from Costco work just fine.

He said "best", not "fine"...

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
5/3/13 4:08 p.m.

As others have said, the Cocomats hold up well, look great, and are easy to clean. The main thing is they are constructed well, and should last a long time. I've found most aftermarket mats fall apart (especially the backing) after a couple of years.

For a 2011 Pickup though, you may be best served by a high quality OEM mat.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Pnv1FEfYRBUQ1wpuSZ8eAqvC6YruDkNXPj9X8lBCYSsy8KmfJENxjgACyJXJcQDi