1 2 3
Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/4/19 7:39 a.m.
Aaron_King said:

There is a route in Ohio that I find fun to drive.  It starts east of Columbus off of 16 and end not too far west of Steubenville.   If anyone is interested I can dig up the actual roads    

Car and Driver had their "Hocking-heim Ring" that they did road tests on.  They actually did an article on it, when they stopped using it.

Locals know it.  There's a video of me somewhere on the Internet of me spinning my previously departed RX-7 on one of the fun roads in the Hocking Hills area, may have been part of the Ring.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/5/19 9:52 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Here you go:  Get to New Albany however you want and take 161 east from there.  161 will turn into 16, stay on 16 east, I have been told that 16 follows where the Erie Canal was. If you have time stop at Roscoe Village, it was in the Centennial miniseries that aired in the late 70's.  16 will turn into 36, keep going east.  On 36 you will pass Gnadenhutten, its Ohio's oldest setlement and during the Revolutioary war almost 100 Indians were killed by Militia from Pennsylvania.  36 will dead end into 250.  Take 250 south to 646 and finally here is where the fun begins.  Follow 646 until it ends at 42.  You will go through a small town called New Rumley, the birthplace of Custer.

In reply to Knurled. :

There are lots of good driving roads the further south and east you go in Ohio.  

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
7/5/19 11:28 a.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

Thanks!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SFpZ1ai4mwVbGGvMF5v367DvBq7Y3Y8ohJijRlsoltgWTiI1oaDos57IvYC37ErF