1 2
Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/6/13 10:45 a.m.
CLH wrote: You're all helping me make up my mind... The next question: '00-'02, or be picky and hold out for an '03-'04? Power difference is small and rear window is glass, but any other compelling differences? I'm seeing far more '00-'02s out there and I've come across a few good looking ones that have hardtops as well (major bonus for me).

I'd hold out for a glass window car. The plastic window cannot be serviced on it's own. (at least by Porsche). If you do go plastic window, Porsche makes a good cleaner for it.

Like most cars, buy the nicest one you can budget for.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
7/6/13 7:01 p.m.
CLH wrote: I'm looking to stay under $15k for buy-in. Thanks for the insight...

Because C5 Z06

CLH
CLH GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/7/13 10:41 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote:
CLH wrote: I'm looking to stay under $15k for buy-in. Thanks for the insight...
Because C5 Z06

Oh, believe me I've thought about that. Tempting from a value perspective but I'm not a fan of the looks or the image.

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs Reader
7/7/13 11:44 a.m.

Looks? Image?!?

Please tear a corner off of your man card.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
7/7/13 12:03 p.m.
icaneat50eggs wrote: Looks? Image?!? Please tear a corner off of your man card.

No harm, I feel the same about the Boxster.

scardeal
scardeal Dork
7/8/13 2:36 p.m.

I guess this doesn't apply, but it would seem the non-S is classed better in stock.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UltraDork
7/8/13 3:10 p.m.
icaneat50eggs wrote: Looks? Image?!?

What he means by that is he can't handle 400 manly 'merican horsepowers, so instead he'd rather look like a hoity toity person driving around in one of dem der furrin fancy cars

kb58
kb58 HalfDork
7/8/13 7:42 p.m.

Because Peter Egan and his wife drives/drove an S, end of discussion.

CLH
CLH GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/8/13 9:52 p.m.
HiTempguy wrote:
icaneat50eggs wrote: Looks? Image?!?
What he means by that is he can't handle 400 manly 'merican horsepowers, so instead he'd rather look like a hoity toity person driving around in one of dem der furrin fancy cars

Ouch

I could go into all the stereotypes (on both sides of this one), but that wouldn't be helpful to the discussion. Seems funny all these comments from the same crowd that shouts "Miata" with such wanton fervor (and yes, I've had two ).

As for handling 400+ manly 'murican horsepowers, does taking solo laps in a slightly de-tuned stock car around Atlanta Motor Speedway count? Thank you Richard Petty Driving Experience! (Highly recommended by the way).

I'm still leaning toward an S. I'm hearing the slightly muted siren song of an E36 M3 as well though. Choices...

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
7/9/13 12:13 a.m.

I think if you put c5 z06, boxster S, and e36 m3 on a ranked scale, the m3 comes in a solid dead last unless you are ranking utility very highly.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/13 6:01 a.m.

Berkeley stereotypes. Drive the car that you want to drive.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
T8ANxGrWHDV827qGewx62VAls1CHgWpL9AhZhu3NtR7yF3SC5GP76XrDqt9DrRcD