1 2
Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en New Reader
3/25/19 12:39 p.m.

In reply to 90BuickCentury :

Hondas are stolen weekly here so insurance is like triple and I have the risk of it being stolen

Curtis
Curtis GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/25/19 12:43 p.m.

Not sure where you live, but I'm thinking about selling my Impala SS.  Mechanically good, cosmetically rough, tons of upgrades, but I probably want more than you're looking to spend.  PM me if you're interested.

Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en New Reader
3/25/19 12:45 p.m.

In reply to Curtis :

If it's $1600 or less, sure lol. I'm in NC

Curtis
3/25/19 12:47 p.m.

Then you don't want my PA rust bucket pile of crap SS for $3500  laugh

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
3/25/19 1:10 p.m.

I’m gonna second the pickup.

If you don’t like the huge, lifted trucks, how about something like this? It’s near me, not you but it can’t be too much different around the country.

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
3/25/19 1:27 p.m.
Curtis said:

Then you don't want my PA rust bucket pile of crap SS for $3500  laugh

How rusty are we talking? 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
3/25/19 1:34 p.m.

What about a Focus, find a SVT for bonus cool and fun.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/25/19 2:31 p.m.
Curtis said:
Catlas_Se7en said:

In reply to Jordan Rimpela :

It does have the tow package, and according to the owner in his words "This car has the same package as the SS Impala, it has the LT1 engine, dual exhause, posi rear, digital dash, with the tow package

Well, two red flags there.  Impala has a lot more than just those things; springs, shocks, additional coolers, and a few other things.  The other thing is, a 96 should have the analog dash.  Digital dash went away after 95.

only for the Imp SS. The regular cars all had the digital speedo (94-96)

Curtis
3/25/19 6:52 p.m.

I'll PM you.  I don't want it to seem like a classified ad in the middle of a thread.  Short version is "not bad."  Body had next to no visible rust.  Frame is solid.  But underneath the whole bottom of the car looks like it's coated with raisin bran.  It only had about 4 winters in PA.  The rest of its life was TX and CA.  So it kinda has the best of both worlds.  A little rust from PA winters, and toasted leather and a cracked dash pad from TX and CA.

Come to think of it, I should just put an ad on here.  I planned on putting out at the Carlisle swap meet and take the highest bid.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/25/19 7:55 p.m.

I wonder if you could 8.2 liter one for challenge money.  That’d be interesting.  I always wanted to get some old “396” badges and replace the 3 with a 4.

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
3/25/19 8:30 p.m.

I would vote for the GM wagon.

A link pointed toward awesomeness for you.

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
3/26/19 11:18 a.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

What about a Focus, find a SVT for bonus cool and fun.

there is one for sale on here for $1800, i bet for a young GRMer they would consider a lower offer

Curtis
3/26/19 12:25 p.m.
A 401 CJ said:

I wonder if you could 8.2 liter one for challenge money.  That’d be interesting.  I always wanted to get some old “396” badges and replace the 3 with a 4.

Caddy 500/TH400 is nearly a drop-in with some aftermarket help.  Use W-block (409) BBC motor mounts.

Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en New Reader
3/26/19 1:13 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

He's super far though. And the one's around here are $4000+ cause military town

Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en New Reader
3/26/19 1:54 p.m.

So I showed my dad the Caprice, the BMW, and a CRX, all under $2000. He liked the Caprice and the CRX. CRX has 268k miles, but a lot has been replaced and it has been taken care of, but has faded hood paint. The Caprice, well, that you saw already

Curtis
3/26/19 2:29 p.m.

I'm still leaning toward the GM.  Not that the Bimmer and Honda wouldn't be reliable, but I think you'll find the parts for the GM to be so cheap.  Anything with nearly 300k miles is scary to me - even on a Honda.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wmEEs9P281TewIHPRG7gTCUibtStPoQ84t7VFFy6IG69Cv8c6N0yEcfYp4h99Mzl