1 2
NickD
NickD Reader
9/16/15 12:11 p.m.

I've driven several of them and never got what the fuss is. It doesn't feel special or drive that great. And the durability of these cars is troubling.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
9/17/15 8:32 a.m.

What I'm looking for is a more comfortable, all-weather daily driver, but I want something that's still engaging to drive. I know you don't necessarily need AWD in the winter, but it's nice to have (and I miss snow drifting in my old WRX's). One of these with the Performance package seems to fit the bill on paper. I want creature comforts, and I want gadgets. I sit in traffic a lot, so having a comfortable place to sit is definitely what I want. It's probably never going to end up on a track day, but I still like to drive. I also love the way they look.

I also want something that's not going to be a PITA to maintain or cost $$$$$$$ to fix. I've heard that there's rod bearing issues with some of the 2.0T's, but I figure that would have happened early in the car's life and repaired by the time I get my hands on one. Also, it has a GM drivetrain that they use in everything, so parts have to be cheap. And since I'm looking at the 2.0T cars, there's the possibility for tuning in the future.

Anyone else have any info on these?

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
9/17/15 8:42 a.m.

Throw one of these in the place of the concealed storage area to calm any concerns about lack of communication with whats happening in the engine bay, you know, just to maintain that "man and machine" connection that is so paramount in today's commuting environment.

Actually, I'm looking at the WRX as well. And the ATS, but its a little small, and still the Regal GS. I like all three enough to live with, but the ATS back seat may as well be a shelf-its practically a 2+2.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
9/17/15 9:37 a.m.

In reply to mattmacklind:

I've also considered the GS. It seems that everyone that buys the GS likes it for about 6 months, then they hate it enough to get rid of it. I've had 2 WRX's, and wouldn't mind getting a newer, more refined 2015, but having a nice, luxurious place to sit might be nice for once.

Another thing I learned: Cadillac's CUE system is Linux-based. I think people are hacking them and modding them. That is cool!

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
9/17/15 11:09 a.m.

It would seem that I should stop driving my car on an fun roads, watching my lines, hitting the next braking zone.

Instead I should be staring at my dash at a stop light or better watching how much lag is in the RPM needle as I launch down a freeway entrance ramp!

Is this a new thing? Stance, AutoX, and now "DASH-IP"

Well enjoy!

The ATS is small. That was my biggest surprise, I thought it was going to be slightly bigger otherwise for the GM tech it is a good deal.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
T6NqNBiykM8IqZeInjJUrqskotPFIEavnd9O3Hx5GSxHZCVCixRx1rto81TOyixs