1 2
GPDren
GPDren Reader
3/19/11 8:14 p.m.
LopRacer wrote: I was there all weekend working both Grids (think silly guy on the Segway). I've worked for NASA-SE in return for track time for about 6 years now I think. Done just about every job they have outside race control and timing. It's a great way to get on track for little money. A bad accident in Time Trails at CMP a few years back was the impetus for me to getting my car caged. I bought a pre-bent cage kit from a guy out of VA and took two weekends with a couple experienced friends installing it. I don't reccomend doing it yourself unless you or one of your crew is a very good welder. Getting back on topic, I would give Balanced Performance a call and see who they would reccomend. I don't know if they do cages themselves, but I know Jason will know someone in ATL that can. Phone: (678) 546-3133

Balanced Performance is building cages now. I talked to Jason a few months back about a roll bar for my Civic. At that time he said they had already done several Civics. They're always friendly and willing to answer questions.

Matt B
Matt B HalfDork
3/20/11 7:39 p.m.

I'll preface that I don't have any experience with cage building. That said, I'll second the Balanced Performance recommendation. They've always done things on-time, at fair prices, and were willing to put up with my noob pestering. (thanks Jason)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Tnza4xgTblMMdfOAYCMuEBxz8dLKznOTnzkei0gszlcxVEAjdzKFmIoLTlrfrA4g