1 2 3
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/23 10:05 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Stampie said:

Audi 4 cylinder pattern

Not quite.  That is a combination of the 4 and 5 cylinder patterns.  Audi made single pattern transmissions before 1989 or so, then dual pattern afterwards, so the same trans could bolt to a four or a 5/6/8 cylinder.

The four pattern is literally four bolts.  The five pattern has seven.  The starter bolts to the trans on a four, bolts to the engine on a five, with the bolts being throughbolts to the trans case.

Of course, the 07K five cylinder uses the four cylinder pattern, and VWAG never made a transverse trans for the 5/6/8 pattern (except maybe some rare Eurovans that angled the engine weirdly)  There are also at least two different dowel pin diameters for the five pattern.

Further edit: just to add confusion, the Audi 5cyl pattern started life as the pattern for the old pushrod four that eventually became the Porsche 924 engine.  VR6 and W8 engines are different and are not part of "5/6/8".

Going off my memory but I think I should have labled that a small to large Audi pattern.  Aka 4 cylinder to early 5 cylinder.

Shiver
Shiver New Reader
7/8/24 12:32 p.m.

In reply to clshore :

I have a 1973 Opel gt.  I'm hoping someone has made a CAD file to bolt to a getrag or t5 bolt pattern that is in my Opel gt. It is a rwd standard 4 speed.

I also hav been looking at a gm 1.5t EcoBoost from the 2018 Chevy Equinox

My preferred choice is the ford fiesta st 1.5t EcoBoost Dragon engine that puts out a whopping 200hp and 210 ft/lbs of torque.  It's a 3 cylinder that would sit further back against the firewall.  It will distribute the weight to 50/50.

Does anyone know if the ford or gm engines can be bolted to any rwd transmission?  If not, does anyone have a CAD file that I could take to a shop to be made?

I'm not a mechanic and its costing me way more then I thought to fix up this car with newer parts to make it better then when it originally came out.

That's for helping a woman out.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
7/8/24 12:43 p.m.

In reply to Shiver :

I would bet that if you post a new thread of what you are attempting, you'll get a lot more bites than in here.

If I remember, there was a lot of hate for the 1.5 EcoBoost in a recent thread due to a few poor engineering decisions made by Ford.  I would steer away from it for now.

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
7/14/24 7:50 p.m.

OK, NOT a drawing.

6061T6 aluminum hand fabricated Ford/Yamaha SHO DOHC 3.0 V6 to Porsche 901 transaxle adapter. Transaxle side: 

Engine block side: (pocket cut into adapter to allow for clearance for factory block windage cover)

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bSQUCPk45qHRWZlQwQU0Q5owmNopdGjgbTEr8KTKeG2gDheR2dsDn8gxFMf6BIhc