Swhatlanta
Swhatlanta New Reader
9/4/24 9:11 a.m.

Looking for a car ship company from Atlanta to Houston. We are shipping our son's car. Any good companies you have used and can recommend?  I saw a post from last fall where clownkiller got a recommendation from SKJSS for that exact route, but as a new member on the forum I can't dm yet to ask for the company. Any guidance appreciated!

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/4/24 10:09 a.m.

Likely much cheaper to drive it there and fly back home. 

Swhatlanta
Swhatlanta New Reader
9/4/24 10:37 a.m.

In reply to lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) :

Unfortunately we are unable to drive it and would prefer a shipper if anyone has recommendations. 

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
9/4/24 10:39 a.m.

Is this a nonrunning car?

Coniglio Rampante
Coniglio Rampante Reader
9/4/24 11:36 a.m.

Almost any reputable shipper will do.  I've used Reliable Carriers, others have used Intercity (who also supports this site...look for their logo/link at the bottom of the page).

Swhatlanta
Swhatlanta New Reader
9/4/24 12:30 p.m.

It is a running car, but has sat idle for a while. It's a family car belonging to my 25 year old son. 

Thank you for the reference to Reliable Carriers as well as Intercity. I'd love to hear of more carriers if anyone has had a good experience!  

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
9/4/24 12:45 p.m.

Can absolutely recommend A&M from when i asked this question earlier this year:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/shipping-racecars-from-ca-to-va/270207/page1/

Call Michelle and explain what you're trying to so, and she'll walk you through the options.  

Swhatlanta
Swhatlanta New Reader
9/4/24 1:37 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow :

Flynlow, thank you! This is an amazing rec and I see that SKJSS gave you the referral so I'm guessing it's the same company he recommended to clownkiller. Your original thread from earlier this year had lots of good info so if something doesn't work out with Michelle/A&M, I have other options to try. Thank you so much!

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
9/4/24 3:37 p.m.
Swhatlanta said:

In reply to Flynlow :

Flynlow, thank you! This is an amazing rec and I see that SKJSS gave you the referral so I'm guessing it's the same company he recommended to clownkiller. Your original thread from earlier this year had lots of good info so if something doesn't work out with Michelle/A&M, I have other options to try. Thank you so much!

Yes, call michelle.  As we speak she is shipping another car for me that I just bought from this forum.

Swhatlanta
Swhatlanta New Reader
9/5/24 8:40 a.m.

Thank you everyone!  My husband spoke to Michelle last night and we are all set. This was all new to us so we are incredibly grateful for the help and recs. My late uncle collected 15+ rare and antique cars over his lifetime and shipped them from all over the country to Texas. Since I couldn't ask him for recs, this was the next best and we thank you all!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qJeX9eZblWXADXpv0tJqMIXmLoZvMu6i6vNaKV7yU2BvB3b2LKY0K2kfFjkFPKIV