1 2 3
Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/18/18 10:13 a.m.

Love this thread.  Not sure why you would want a manual with a Hellcat, that seems the ideal car for two pedals.  The Charger is a foot longer than a Mustang and even the Challenger is 9-10" longer.  Similar width, but feel the Charger/Challenger just feel so much bigger around you.  The Mustang just shrinks and feels smaller.

Love the idea of the Benz, Aston or TT Porsche.

Can't get my head around the idea of a Boosted or V8 conversion on a Miata or anything else as a 'Bad guy' car.  Great cars, but no one ever thinks baddy.  I think a baddy car needs to be either a 12 lb sledge hammer with nuclear capability (Hellcat, Shelby GT500 etc) or a lean mean fighting machine in a Gucci suit with shades (Aston, AMG Merc black etc).  I think the 911 TT and newer GT350's bridge the gap between the two.  While I'm not a fan of black cars, antying in the Gucci suit column needs to be black on black to pull it off.

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/18/18 10:19 a.m.

If my wife wanted a Charger/Challenger Hellcat I'd have bought one like yesterday.  

It's hers, buy her what she really wants.  I think the SRT 392 versions would be much better cost wise and gas wise, but I'd still get whatever she wanted.  

HELLCAT BABY!!

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
4/18/18 6:09 p.m.

Mustang just announced a new drag racer.    No VIN.     Rather expensive.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
4/18/18 6:46 p.m.

I would try one to see if I/she could live with a hellcat in your area.  I’m in the same camp as some of the others...if my wife said ‘I want a hellcat’. I wouldn’t even respond.  I’d just hit eBay and hammer buy it now on one immediately.  The Porsche idea is awesome too,   I just wouldn’t have made it past the initial hellcat ask to consider it.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
4/21/18 12:16 p.m.

We are down to a a used 911 possibly a S or a Turbo. ~2013 for the S around 2010 PDK for the Turbo, or one of the Hellcat 499$ three year leases. The Jag is to noisy for a daily in the R and the GTR rides like E36 M3 on bad roads.

The Hellcat just feels big when driving it really is not that much bigger then a Mustang so it should be ok.

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
4/21/18 9:38 p.m.

I saw a black BMW M2 at a car show and was very, very impressed with how much it oozed testosterone

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/21/18 11:36 p.m.

Those Hellcat lease deals still exist? 

stylngle2003
stylngle2003 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/30/18 2:17 p.m.

CLS63, black on black.  Hard to imagine a much more ideal baddie car

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
4/30/18 2:51 p.m.
yupididit said:

Those Hellcat lease deals still exist? 

They are back. Best we have seen is 489$ with 1500 down but it does not come with the better interior or a lot of the goodies and it is not on the widebody. Leftovers from last year only.

2018 392's are in the 430$ range with about 1K down. Honestly the Hellcat is just so much fun. She still is pointing them out when we go for drives but we just got hit again on quarterly taxes so she has pulled back and we are going to wait a month or so till things refill and we take a big more stock out of the market. I would rather get the 911 but that is just me. its used and we can just buy it and it will not lose any value really. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YpbuXF0Kc4FC7snpUgSerEgNflMvMbMn1xuQ9CzlVO4XyhLIWZN2zi5aadNPIisW