1 ... 21 22 23
DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
10/23/17 5:33 p.m.

Stopped part way back to Michigan. I was too tired to keep driving the behemoth tow vehicle, so we stopped and had some nice prime rib. Got up early this AM and made it home by 11:00. All together a great week/weekend. I always enjoy the Challenge, even more so as a first time competitor. I'll be back.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
10/23/17 6:45 p.m.

I pulled out of Gville about 9am and headed to Jeremy's in Jax to return the black truck and get my Prius.  Stayed for lunch and then we emptied two trucks worth of Challenge fodder in to his garage and restacked tires, etc.   I left Jax about 1:30.  By 9pm I was beat and had gotten past Charlotte, NC.  I spent the night in Statesville, NC.  On the road again by 8:00 got me home at exactly 4pm.  Stopped home, swapped cars (with car seat) and picked up Jane from the babysitters at 5:00. 

Happy to be home: 

For a dose of irony, just as I was entering NC, about 8pm, I passed the AMC Spirit and Red Dodge Ram as it was turning onto the East Loop and I was continuing North.   

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/23/17 7:17 p.m.

Finally unloaded and unpacked.

The second most incredible experience of my life, right after the birth of my daughter. 

Thank you all for this. Ill be back next year if we can afford it. 

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/23/17 8:11 p.m.

Left Atlanta this morning after spending the the night there at my brothers house.

Rained almost the whole way back to Michigan, took 14 hours. Heavy rain, slow traffic, many fuel stops.

back in the garage, needs alot of cleaning!

Was great to see everyone!

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
10/23/17 11:02 p.m.

Also, regarding meeting GRMers (it's really me this time), I found myself feeling a bit star-struck when I met J.G. and Margie, as odd as that may sound to them. smiley

1 ... 21 22 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NZZidSDqZWlNfK24bCxoV4CNVM78YcXFcOTOFLizTewudKEQTvLRe6plsw6cKu7m