1 2 3 4 5 6
ss
ss New Reader
9/10/11 9:22 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
speedbiu wrote: In reply to poopshovel: You must have failed geography.The closest DQ is only 5 miles away,You are from GA,did you go to GT?? That would explain it,just say'n.
Nope. We build winning cars with 1/10th the staff, no sponsorship, no free tools, no free shop, no formal training wrenching on cars, none of us within less than a 45 minute drive of the other, and lots of whiskey. Nice try though.

More whiskey please Maybe we should get our act together this year and sign up. The GT statement is fighting words where I come from

Supercoupe
Supercoupe HalfDork
9/11/11 7:21 a.m.

If I hijack the bosses trailer full of P cars going to Cali,I'll be there and I'll kick everyone's ass. 8)

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/11/11 9:52 a.m.
SVreX wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
This year's smack king isn't even coming? WTFrijole??
I swear I saw him on an episode of "To Catch a Predator."
I meant YOU, clown!

Me too!

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/11/11 9:56 a.m.
clownkiller wrote:
speedbiu wrote: In reply to poopshovel: OK if you have no sponsors and no formal training I guess I could share my beer with you.I built my car by myself in a two bay garage and my brother had to drive 500 miles from South Carolina to help me install the engine and tranny.Good luck!
Poopshovel will be cruising in American metal this Challenge! You are all going to be bitches.

If a van and a pillowcase are in my future, you guys need to round me up someone who can run the shop while I'm gone.

clownkiller
clownkiller Reader
9/11/11 11:29 a.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

Still have the "candy van", bottle of vodka, baseball bat, and Pam's phone number. What else do we need????? Two hookers, and a pound of blow!

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
9/12/11 5:31 p.m.

I  see a trophy for Best female finish does that include BBW s ?
speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
9/12/11 7:28 p.m.

Your going to let a girl drive that car???

Luke
Luke SuperDork
9/13/11 1:48 a.m.

In reply to Karl La Follette:

280zx wheels? ...what lies beneath?

miatame
miatame HalfDork
9/13/11 1:28 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: In reply to miatame: With the new site being built, we've kept the content updates on this one to a minimum, since it's all going to migrate in a few weeks. It's coming... Margie

Any chance you will be posting live event coverage this year like you did in previous years? I need my fix. We'll be in the driveway drinking beers and working on the Jeep XJ-R...well I'll be working on the Jeep and Dave (Wilberm3) will be making engine noises complete with turbo blow-off sounds while rowing at the steering wheel. Dreaming about '12

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
9/13/11 1:37 p.m.

I have been working in secret on a car to put all the rest of you lightfooted panzies to shame. When you see my ride, youull cower in the corner, pants dripping in fear. I cant wait. Youll be amazed by my ...

SQUIRREL?!?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
9/13/11 1:58 p.m.

In reply to miatame:

I'll be doing live updates again this year. I'm trying to set up some sort of streaming webcast, but there are always lots of things to do at the event. I shot a lot of video last year and only used some of it, but I anticipate doing more this year.

Video may be the death of me.

And there was a recap from 2010, but it got uhh...wrecked...as I was trying to replace it with 2011 information. Much like my hair, when it's gone...it's gone.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/13/11 2:26 p.m.

Ahem:

http://www.ustream.tv

Setup a webcam on a laptop with a cellular or wifi connection. Point the camera at the event. Enjoy...

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
9/13/11 5:35 p.m.

Ford exploder 4.0 automagic But of course

Derick Freese
Derick Freese Dork
9/13/11 7:14 p.m.

Does the track have wifi?

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
9/13/11 7:27 p.m.

In reply to Karl La Follette:

Does it have Coilovers in the rear too?

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/13/11 8:13 p.m.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/13/11 8:32 p.m.

There's too much love in this thread. What's up with the chalky fags? They spend all their time and money on skinny jeans and "H" tattoes? It's tough trying to look like broke hipsters when you show up with a trailer that's bigger than my house.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
9/13/11 8:50 p.m.
speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
9/13/11 8:55 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel: Yep,being from GA its not hard for someone to have a car trailer bigger than your house.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
9/13/11 9:01 p.m.

i hope the crew is ready for any clean up on the track this year Nissan blows motor

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
9/13/11 9:10 p.m.

Beat the the 10 second crowd eat at the concession stand

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/13/11 10:17 p.m.
speedbiu wrote: In reply to poopshovel: Yep,being from GA its not hard for someone to have a car trailer bigger than your house.

You do realize you live in berkeleying palatka, right? People in West Virginia make fun of people who live in palatka. I've got more cars in my garage than you're bringing to the challenge, and a creek to throw batteries and used oil into.

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
9/13/11 10:47 p.m.

Actually I'm from SC,and your saying scene I'm bringing one car to the challenge you have two cars in your garage Never met a Georgia boy that can do algebra.

fastclown
fastclown Reader
9/14/11 8:58 a.m.

Did somebody say smack?!? My head was deep in Uranus, so I pulled out for some fresh air to find a thread about smack, yeah let the fun begin. Seeing three pages I got all excited, then I started reading it... Is this going to be an all women's field, the only smacking I get from reading this is the sound of you guys kissing each other. 2 C4 vette's, that just screams "My only talent is in made up math, since I can't build a fast car I'll buy one. It worked before, even with a vacuum that slowed it down." 2 Firebirds? I guess they didn't know this was a speed event, they probably figure they'll score high in the concourse since every Firebird owner thinks they're "hot". The Z's, now that's a Challenge car!!! Then there's Mr. Poop, What can I say about him without getting my arse kicked, not much, but then he's one of the last Challengers that gets it, that is unless one of the C4's is his... Is the energizer bunny coming back, I'm curious if I can be less impressed with another appearance.

What's Wheels bringing?? With the field getting smaller his chances of an overall win are increasing. Hang in there!

Time to jump back into Uranus. We were going to buy a C4 instead, but then I figured I wouldn't look good in a skirt...

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/14/11 9:27 a.m.

I'm pretty sure I left some black caulk in uranus last year. Can you take a look for it while you're fishing around in there?

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vwfyCSDBCeyBwWjMVeK3VTeJgnZchpI4ATx9R1o580x7YGvYRiqtAi9psBGfQ9kr