1 2

I know we have some semi local guys here that have plenty of experience with autocross. 

Both local instructor/co drivers i had lined up bailed. Irritating that they didn't keep their word. And the last guy just told me 10 minutes ago. After me trying to get ahold of him for a week. 

Anyway,  im looking for someone to run my car with me. The $2019 grm challenge miata with the v6. 

Co driver would be expected to give feedback on car setup, and help me become less craptastic of a driver. You'll need to pay your own entry, and bring your own sandwich. 

Event is Saturday at zmax dragway with ccrscca

Anyone? Brett Murphy? Prodarwin? Stampie? 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/2/21 8:53 p.m.

Out of town this weekend :(

Bump for the daytime crowd 

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/21 7:35 a.m.

There is a crowd coming down from the 'Burgh, but not sure if anyone has the bandwidth to co-drive.  I'll share with the group though.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/3/21 8:10 a.m.

I mean, if this car Im looking at works, I could fly into charlotte friday, pick up car, autox saturday and drive home sunday.

Untouchable is thinking,  stampie declined as its 9 hours each way. 

Link for those who are thinking about it.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/ccr-autocross-1-we-re-back-baby-zmax-dragway-scca-central-carolinas-159934

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/3/21 9:30 a.m.

I'd love to, but I'm not sure I'm the guy to improve your driving skills!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/3/21 9:49 a.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

lol... I was thinking the same thing. About myself. I can teach you how to drive FWD Korean cars like a boss though.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/3/21 10:45 a.m.

Im ten seconds off the the next to last place guy on his worst run vs my best. Im consistently DFL

Im pretty sure ANYONE can teach me to suck less at this point. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/3/21 10:52 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Did you use a Pro Driver when this car was at The Challenge? Which one and where does that pro live? It'd be awesome to offer that driver some more seat time with this beast. 

3/3/21 10:59 a.m.

I used alan mccrispen. I know Duckworth drove it once here, but hes hardcore on xp and super competitive. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/3/21 11:01 a.m.

Sadly, Alan's about 7 hours away, but, he's crazy...in a good way! 

Where's his hot shoe daughter living these days? 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/21 11:06 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

Im ten seconds off the the next to last place guy on his worst run vs my best. Im consistently DFL

Im pretty sure ANYONE can teach me to suck less at this point. 

Look further ahead. Practice looking further ahead during the coursewalk. Ask yourself (or anyone there who is a good driver) "when I'm here where should I be looking?" Then take a run or two at 80% to really get the feel of looking ahead. In the early stages, it's like a light switch. You will feel the change when you do it rightish. 

Unfortunately I can't make it down to co-drive as I think I'm further than stampie. but I would love to!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/3/21 11:08 a.m.

You're 9 hours away from me... but I checked. 

Id love to and I could use the mental refresher but the get away is just not in the cards right now. 

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/21 11:50 a.m.

I'm sadly booked up this weekend with family plans- I'll be in Rockingham at the in-laws on Saturday moving heavy things and taking pictures of the Belvedere in order to see if it's worth trying to save. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/21 11:55 a.m.

Do you have a gopro or gopro knock off?  Maybe record it so we can watch.  From my little experience in the car I would say it can be pushed a lot harder than you think it can.  It took a lot for me to intentionally get it to break loose in a corner.  Great recovery car also btw.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/3/21 12:21 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

I used alan mccrispen. I know Duckworth drove it once here, but hes hardcore on xp and super competitive. 

Still, there are definitely some other locals who can co-drive or ride and give you some helpful advice.  Are the COVID rules that only registered co-drivers are allowed in the car?

If you are doing other events after this, let me know, I'd love to get out of the house lol.

3/3/21 12:34 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

I ised the clubs group on Facebook to find the last two for a season long co driver/instructor. Seems that this method is not going to be productive. and im honestly frustrated after dealing with multiple people i dont "know", and them bailing on no notice. 

If you want a season co drive with ccrscca,  youre on. Ill be doing all the Charlotte events,  god willing. Not going to do the south Carolina stuff.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/3/21 2:10 p.m.

THSCC runs in WS and Danville also.  I'm down for the WS events.

I won't commit to a full season with CCR, but I'd love to come out and drive/hang out when available, so don't keep space for me if you have a full season co-driver.  If I do commit to something, I won't leave you hanging though.  I'm not going to set top PAX, but I can usually put down pretty decent times :)

We can talk offline about other events though.  I hope you are able to have a good event this weekend though.  I'll send you some good vibes as I drink a beer on the lake.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
3/3/21 2:17 p.m.

It'd be fun for sure, but I'm 6 1/2 hours away and committed to helping a friend clean up storm debris this weekend.  Hot rod Miatai are kinda my thing too dangit.

mikebard07
mikebard07 None
3/3/21 8:23 p.m.

I'm traveling from PA to Charlotte to visit relatives this weekend. I'm probably not the guy to improve your driving but I do know a little bit about setup. If you're getting desperate I will see if the wife's family will murder me or not. I drive an ST prepped NA Miata and a smf dodge neon. Lol. 

Wait, miata and neon? Are we related? Cause my other toy is a restored 97 acr....

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Reader
3/3/21 8:26 p.m.

Im not far...but I wouldnt be able to help you

Never done an auto-x, only done two track events

Sounds fun, good luck!

mikebard07
mikebard07 New Reader
3/3/21 8:27 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

My smf car is a 97 acr with an srt4 swap. Haha. What are the odds?

I feel like we should be friends. The acr is all period correct, restored vintage bolt ons, miata is 3400 powered mutant. 

If you can get away even to just hang out, awesome. But family first. Especially 9 hours away family. 

(Originally from kane Pennsylvania)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VjlkktQ1GxRZCygHSN613Ukg9mC5pUTnuj3j8VgHTCRQzlrd8yhO6rxF39ChWol8