1 2
Blaise
Blaise HalfDork
2/14/18 6:51 a.m.
Trackmouse said:

I can help. Moved from Illinois to Oregon. Sell the Miata- you can get another one out here easily. Sell the truck. They are a dime a dozen. Keep the brz, especially if you owe on it. The crosstrek will be useful out here (we get SNOW) plus the Subaru’s on the left coast carry a better resale value. 

Snow in Seattle? Would be first, I've lived out there and never seen any. Certainly not as much as Philly.

Both Subarus are staying, even though I don't owe on the BRZ.

Blaise
Blaise HalfDork
2/14/18 6:52 a.m.
The0retical said:

Man where are you guys getting $3k quotes on PODS? I moved from CA to PA 16 months ago and they were quoting me nearly $6200 (edited: I just looked it up). I know it's more expensive coming back east but damn.

I ended up having my wife drive herself and the kids back with her X-Terra, I took a Penske 26' box truck and trailer with the MS3, and the RX-3 shipped via an enclosed carrier for $1800. I think I was in it right about $4800 total plus a few hundred for gas.

E36 M3, I better get a real quote today. $6200 is a BIG difference from 3k.

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
2/14/18 6:58 a.m.
Blaise said:
The0retical said:

Man where are you guys getting $3k quotes on PODS? I moved from CA to PA 16 months ago and they were quoting me nearly $6200 (edited: I just looked it up). I know it's more expensive coming back east but damn.

I ended up having my wife drive herself and the kids back with her X-Terra, I took a Penske 26' box truck and trailer with the MS3, and the RX-3 shipped via an enclosed carrier for $1800. I think I was in it right about $4800 total plus a few hundred for gas.

E36 M3, I better get a real quote today. $6200 is a BIG difference from 3k.

I have the invoices right here, more than happy to share them with you privately if you need them. It was 3305 for mileage, about 200 to drop it off, and about 500 for the storage/pickup. From Escondido CA to Apex NC Note that we only had one pod the largest single unit they had, additional units dramatically increased the cost

I had snow when I lived in Seattle a couple years ago, certainly was not enough or around long enough to make me change car choices

TryitTrent
TryitTrent New Reader
2/27/18 3:49 p.m.

Coming from someone who is currently making a last minute move from IA to AL, doesn't have time to sell stuff, and only has a Corolla to move with. My advice is this, make sure to pick something, and don't do what I did.

skierd
skierd SuperDork
2/27/18 5:17 p.m.

In reply to Blaise :

I’d sell it all and start fresh, except for the daily drivers which sounds like both Subaru’s. It’ll make it easier to find a place to live if anything. Drive the brz and then drive her crosstrek.

Depending on what all you’re planning to keep from the house, you might be able to just ship it USPS via parcel post. My dad shipped 10 big 24” cube boxes for about $100 a piece to me in Alaska when he decided to retire to a life on the road. Took about 3 weeks to get here, but he didn’t have any heirloom furniture or new big screens he was attached too or anything like that. Tools get expensive to ship but beyond that most stuff goes and makes it if packed well. 

simplecat
simplecat Reader
2/28/18 2:20 a.m.

In reply to Blaise :

It's already snowed in Seattle this year.

Greg

Blaise
Blaise HalfDork
2/28/18 7:52 a.m.
simplecat said:

In reply to Blaise :

It's already snowed in Seattle this year.

Greg

Yeah, I saw that. I have blizzaks for both cars if needed.

Update:

97 Miata Sold
92 Miata Sold
04 Silverado being sold Friday (already got deposit).

Empty nest, man.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9hVeHKGiYzdDFutfQ5Zedj9kGsVN1UM5erqKRNTAaXKex0QmLxQTZ0A02wJq4TZO