1 2 3 4 5
irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
11/1/12 10:03 p.m.

I want to see someone design a tube-frame car that looks like a Lancia delta evoluzione, but uses a full subaru drivetrain

enough of these curvey-wurvey roadsters.

Jaynen
Jaynen HalfDork
11/1/12 10:44 p.m.

Because Box flares?

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
11/1/12 10:51 p.m.

Where did you guys see a roll bar for the car? I must have missed that.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/1/12 11:00 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Where did you guys see a roll bar for the car? I must have missed that.

There is a side conversation about the Exocet in the middle of this 818/Catfish thread.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/2/12 8:07 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: I don't see it as all that Banglish.

Actually after seeing that pic it is way more Banglish than I realized (massively domed hood, "sculpted" sides, strangely ugly curvature in the doorline). Really don't like the look of it now. The 818 may be plain but this is plain ugly.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/2/12 8:22 a.m.

In reply to Jaynen:

Love it. Has a really nice design IMHO. Of course I also really like the Z4 M Coupe. I really like some of the interior touches too. Count me interested.

Flight Service
Flight Service UltraDork
11/2/12 8:52 a.m.

I actually like the exoskeleton on the Miata Foundation, kind of Locost meets Atom.

Seems there is a hot ticket. Re-arrange the radiator, add lights and go.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
11/2/12 8:57 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
kreb wrote: Then again, I'm a Bangle fanboi.
collect the whole set

Soooo soft...

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/2/12 9:03 a.m.

I'm gonna hold my breath till you stop making fun of me!

I look at that massive hood and think how well it'd contain a DOHC V6

What this car has that the 818 lacks is character. The 818 will be very formidable and I'd love to have one in my driveway, but this makes more of a statement. Kinda Baroque as opposed to utilitarian.

Jaynen
Jaynen HalfDork
11/2/12 9:45 a.m.

Make note that in the article it lists they intentionally made sure the firewall has room for a LSJuan as well. Wonder if you could even use existing v8 swap kit motor mounts since the base kit is already designed for miata.

I will agree that my biggest question is what does it look like when you have to ruin it with a decent rollbar :)

CantonRacingProducts
CantonRacingProducts New Reader
11/2/12 12:17 p.m.

I'm sitting in our SEMA booth at the moment staring at one of them, it's in the Braille Battery booth. Interesting car. They are built off of the 1990-2005 miata. They come with either the 1.6 liter or 1.8 liter with a forced induction option they produces around 300hp. There is also an LS3 option for them. Estimated curb weight of 1,500 - 1,700 lbs. Also utilizes the upgraded mazda miata A-arm suspension. This is all straight from the owner.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/2/12 12:23 p.m.

Wow those specs are good enough to buy one and walk into it backwards every day

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/2/12 12:26 p.m.

Looks better in pictures then in CAD. I like it.

CantonRacingProducts
11/2/12 1:36 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Looks better in pictures then in CAD. I like it.

we are just to the right of that booth!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaynen
Jaynen HalfDork
11/2/12 1:42 p.m.

Trying to imagine what color combination would go best with 15x9 6ULRs (since those are likely what I will buy for my miata next year) Eventually when I get bored instead of FI maybe Ill just change the miata over

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
11/2/12 1:49 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Looks better in pictures then in CAD. I like it.

MySpace angles.

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/2/12 1:50 p.m.

Please don't do that. I'm eating lunch.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
11/2/12 2:20 p.m.
Jaynen wrote: Make note that in the article it lists they intentionally made sure the firewall has room for a LSJuan as well.

What does that mean? Is the transmission tunnel bigger?

And that pic from SEMA makes the nose look massive & tall.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
11/2/12 2:23 p.m.

Massive? Think Miata scale = not actually that big.

Jaynen
Jaynen HalfDork
11/2/12 2:24 p.m.

I'm not sure exactly just that they called out intentionally designing the car so it could take an LSx

CantonRacingProducts
11/2/12 4:36 p.m.
Jaynen wrote: I'm not sure exactly just that they called out intentionally designing the car so it could take an LSx

They are passing out cards with info about the car and they actually list the LS3 as an option

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
11/2/12 5:54 p.m.
CantonRacingProducts wrote:
Jaynen wrote: I'm not sure exactly just that they called out intentionally designing the car so it could take an LSx
They are passing out cards with info about the car and they actually list the LS3 as an option

I wonder what diff they use and what axles they pair it with? Or do they just do away with the Miata rear subframe altogether?

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
11/2/12 7:07 p.m.

Thinking that it is designed to use the Miata subframes (though I cannot say that for sure, I keep having to answer the phone and do work), I would think that V8 Roadsters parts could be used to mount the rear diff and running gear.

Jaynen
Jaynen HalfDork
11/2/12 9:47 p.m.

That's what I would do anyway so people could use existing v8 swap kits

AverageH
AverageH Reader
11/3/12 1:06 a.m.

Here's a really short vid of it driving into SEMA. I think this thing is hot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJg9SdWc-2I

-Hamid

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
v74WbKBUbF9pZ5eTvt30dwJPSi11YXDsULWG8O6a6BamEM8L9XswUX37wf0eWZAx