1 2 3
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/22 6:41 p.m.

In reply to jabos7 :

The Pontiac Lemans was a Daewoo, yes, but it was a Korean built Opel Kadett.  So it is still a GM through and through.

Unlike, say, the Chevy Nova, which one would think would be the same chassis as a LeMans but surprise! Corolla.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
11/30/22 10:41 p.m.
IamFODI said:
GCrites80s said:
MyMiatas said:

Doesn't General Motors have enough four door SUV's? A Corvette is a SPORTSCAR. Not a Soccer Mom/Dad vehicle.  If GM want to make a SUV to compete with Porsche don't call it a Corvette. I don't call a SUV Porsche a 911. It is bad enough that almost no cars, trucks are two door.

These supercar companies I suppose need to make an SUV to survive as going concerns. GM is already mainly an SUV/truck company.

Yep.

The problem isn't them.  It's us.  We don't buy the great cars that built the brand.  We buy the stupid SUVs that parasitize it, or we don't buy any of them at all.

I was under the impression that car companies were guessing when they made cars for us to buy.  I have never received a letter or email asking me about cars I like that they have designed.

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
11/30/22 11:01 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Ugh, the ad writer sounds like he's trying something like: "if the reader just believes hard enough, it becomes fact in their own mind." Did anyone ever lose their mind and time a dead-stock Cutlass salon at Riverside? It's got to be pretty terrible. But hey, if it sounds good, it sells.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/1/22 8:15 a.m.

In reply to MyMiatas :

How often do you buy new cars? If you buy a new car every 2-3 years, car companies will care a lot about what you want. If you only buy used cars, then they don't give a crap. 

Since I've bought 2 new cars during my 35 years of adult life (last one in 2007), car companies don't really care what I think. 

te72
te72 HalfDork
12/1/22 10:36 a.m.

Sure, why not ruin Bill and Zora's legacy further?

I expect the concept to look something like this:

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/1/22 1:06 p.m.

IamFODI
IamFODI New Reader
12/1/22 2:49 p.m.
93EXCivic said:

10/10

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/1/22 6:58 p.m.