1 2 3
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/10/08 12:34 a.m.

We actually need some Crazy Eddie-type promotions. Because we really are in-saaaaane!

History lesson for those who didn't grow up in the New York tri-state area:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yYGoO5imyY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc-Mhynh_pg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqpfKG6ZHLs

Ah, life before big box stores took over. Okay, time to go watch Roger Grimsby.

Nashco
Nashco Dork
7/13/08 1:58 a.m.

That guy is insane. I hadn't heard of him, turns out he had some troubles with the law, go figure. ;) Speaking of crappy local tv ads, in the Seattle area we have had "Honk for Vern Fonk" ads as long as I can remember. That Vern Fonk is one weird cat...

http://www.youtube.com/user/VernFonkCommercial

Damn, there are some really funny ones in that collection! One of my favorites...this one is his weird commercial making fun of another weird local commercial...now THAT is class! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbUvchOdb4Q

I'm following the back issues as they're updated. I keep hoping there will be some mega-archive PDF of scanned issues we can buy, but if back issues are it then I guess I should get what I can.

Bryce

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/13/08 10:36 p.m.
Nashco wrote: That guy is insane. I hadn't heard of him, turns out he had some troubles with the law, go figure. ;)

Actually, he's not the one who got in trouble. He was just their pitchman. The owners of the company, however, did some bad things. Even so, their prices were insane!

wyldpny
wyldpny New Reader
7/14/08 10:46 p.m.

I would like to buy any and all current/back issues that have Mustangs in them :) I tried to subscribe awhile back but your site seemed to have a problem with the state/PR section? :(

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/15/08 7:23 a.m.

Wyldpny, you can see all the issues from the past 8 years now, either on the issues page or in the store. We'll be adding more soon. You should have no problem with PR, but if you do, send me a message.

wyldpny
wyldpny New Reader
7/15/08 10:49 a.m.

The site only allows you to pick from the U.S. states and the Canadian regions.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/15/08 11:03 a.m.

When did you last try it? Send me an PM.

wyldpny
wyldpny New Reader
7/15/08 11:23 a.m.

I tried again yesterday and I don't see where the PM feature is? Help...

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/15/08 11:25 a.m.

You can PM anyone from their profile. You can also reach staffers through the "contact" link at the bottom of the page.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/17/08 9:01 a.m.

Just added: The 2000 collection. All six issues from 2000 for just 12 bucks. Sweet.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/2/08 8:51 a.m.

Another sweet deal just added: The GRM Track Pack, which includes a hat, t-shirt, lanyard and sticker pack, all for just $45.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/2/08 11:30 a.m.

Correction.... $30 bucks!

We also lowered the prices on ball caps and lanyards, 'cause we love ya.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/10/08 9:37 a.m.

Tim,

Do you sell die cut stickers that can be mounted on the inside of a window?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/10/08 10:19 a.m.

The die cuts are sticky on the back.... so they'd have to be outside the window.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
10/4/08 8:46 p.m.

I won one of those sick jackets last night. Pretty excited about that.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/4/08 10:03 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: I won one of those sick jackets last night. Pretty excited about that.

I don't see any jackets in the store, although I did see hoodies. Did I just miss it?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/7/08 9:57 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: I won one of those sick jackets last night. Pretty excited about that.

LOL, i was just gonna post about how sweet my new jacket is. i'm thinking about adding a stripe and some vintage patches...

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
10/13/08 12:41 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote:
I don't see any jackets in the store, although I did see hoodies. Did I just miss it?

The jackets should be in the store by the end of the month, if not much sooner. We had a few at the Challenge, but our main shipment was back-ordered. We've got 'em now, just have to get the embroidery done.

Margie

EastCoastMojo
10/13/08 10:13 p.m.

Sweet! Thanks

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
10/15/08 11:05 a.m.

The sweet jackets are available for pre-ordering in the store now.

Carson
Carson Reader
10/15/08 8:24 p.m.

Are the jackets lined or are they the Dickies "Eisenhower" ones?

EastCoastMojo
10/16/08 10:51 a.m.

I tried to preorder two jackets, one large and one XL, but it kept putting two large ones in the cart. Also, hopefully the ship date of September 28th is off

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
10/17/08 5:18 a.m.

Message sent to Baxter to get that store thing fixed.

Margie

EastCoastMojo
10/17/08 3:40 p.m.

Yep, Tim's onatop of things Thanks!

Canute
Canute New Reader
10/22/08 1:11 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: For a limited time, you can now go to the store and pick up all the 2006 issues, or all the 2007 issues, for just 16 bucks (plus shipping). We may be adding more years, as we uncover more back issues. And there's still the back issue blowout deal -- 5 issues for 10 bucks -- and discounted shipping too!

Any thoughts of doing a PDF DVD?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pztviSrxwd9ulswoJ4Mc3Paw9wqg6yAxT6QAPnTqDJcC8OKZuSoReifVXbaBTwMC