SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/15/15 8:20 a.m.

https://youtu.be/h-j29ozp_yM

MIND. BLOWN.

kb58
kb58 Dork
7/15/15 8:32 a.m.

Very well-done video. Those guys would fit right in here.

Of course, I don't know how anyone can take those cars seriously when they aren't hella flush and running 10 degrees of rear camber

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/15 8:36 a.m.

Bonus: You can sleep in your race car.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
7/15/15 9:05 a.m.

You know what? This will decimate all, after, you put about fifteen grand in it or more. If we have to, overnight parts from Detroit.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
7/15/15 9:06 a.m.

I want to see a series like this, but using AstroSafaris. Chevy V8s and circle track parts? Done.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
7/15/15 9:11 a.m.

I watched. Cool.
I did find it interesting that all the vans were full window versions. No windowless versions.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
7/15/15 9:13 a.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: I watched. Cool. I did find it interesting that all the vans were full window versions. No windowless versions.

I'd guess that's what the US military brought over and left behind.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
7/15/15 9:34 a.m.
Powar wrote:
JohnRW1621 wrote: I watched. Cool. I did find it interesting that all the vans were full window versions. No windowless versions.
I'd guess that's what the US military brought over and left behind.

and some VD... probably.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/15 9:51 a.m.

Stupid, pointless, reckless and unsafe. Sign me up!

tjbell
tjbell Reader
7/15/15 9:58 a.m.

That was a cool watch. Never seen anyone suit up like that before entering a Dodge family hauler van

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/15 10:00 a.m.

The origin story is spot on. "We used them to transport the motorcycles. Then one day, at lunch..."

We've all been there.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
7/15/15 10:02 a.m.

That is a lot of awesome sauce in a small track. The level of crazy is to be admired.

BTW, that track has not been 'Tilkered' the safety is in the vehicle not the track

Love this

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
7/15/15 10:04 a.m.

I still can't find a clean V8 5 lug Dodge van for what I consider a fair price.

I do however have a line on a $500 Chevy...

Trackmouse
Trackmouse HalfDork
7/15/15 10:05 a.m.

Bless those bored Japanese ppl that create things like dangerous van racing!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director

JG doesn't know it yet, but we're going to build one for the $2015 Challenge.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
Junkyard_Dog wrote: I still can't find a clean V8 5 lug Dodge van for what I consider a fair price. I do however have a line on a $500 Chevy...

Nah, I'm a Ford Guy and neither the GM vans or Econolines would work for the Dajiban look I don't think.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltraDork
7/15/15 10:14 a.m.

why would anyone voluntarily run radial ta's on a track vehicle? those things SUCK.

other than that, good watch. thanks.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/15 10:16 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: why would anyone voluntarily run radial ta's on a track vehicle? those things SUCK. other than that, good watch. thanks.

I'll bet they say the same things about some of the JDM mods on this side of the pond. Sometimes it's about the image.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/15/15 10:20 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: why would anyone voluntarily run radial ta's on a track vehicle? those things SUCK. other than that, good watch. thanks.

Why would anyone run a van on track? As my guitar teacher constantly tells me, stop overthinking things.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon SuperDork
7/15/15 11:51 a.m.

I want to do this to a 15 passenger version.

airwerks
airwerks Reader
7/15/15 12:06 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Junkyard_Dog wrote: I still can't find a clean V8 5 lug Dodge van for what I consider a fair price. I do however have a line on a $500 Chevy...
Nah, I'm a Ford Guy and neither the GM vans or Econolines would work for the Dajiban look I don't think.

One of the biggest perks to the dodge van vs FOMOCO and Chebby is that the Dodge vans are unibody- makes for a lower height starting point. Safety first when racing full size vans!

edizzle89
edizzle89 HalfDork
7/15/15 12:13 p.m.
RossD wrote: You know what? This will decimate all, after, you put about fifteen grand in it or more. If we have to, overnight parts from Detroit.

dont know why but i lost it when i read detroit haha

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
7/15/15 12:32 p.m.

"So I remind myself: being non-productive is fun and cool!"

This guy gets it!

Not sure the grey haired Japanese guy with the US Air Force t-shirt gets it though.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
7/15/15 1:41 p.m.
airwerks wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
One of the biggest perks to the dodge van vs FOMOCO and Chebby is that the Dodge vans are unibody- makes for a lower height starting point. Safety first when racing full size vans!

The Chevy van was unibody 1971-1996.

They also look badass in black and grey with a red stripe.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
7/16/15 3:54 p.m.

I saw that over on Auto Blog yesterday. Is it bad that I wouldn't kick a Dajiban out of the garage?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9G68q5QSUAEHBTqrBb01WHbdtXFtrXJyOPfIzsMhi4q0XSwVmTfKQ5W5lqWrUW5B