1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/22/22 8:47 p.m.

Yes! Excellent news. Progress is progress.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/22/22 9:15 p.m.

Good to hear improvements. Can't tell you how many times I've come here looking for updates.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/22 9:29 p.m.

That's great news!!!

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/22/22 9:48 p.m.

Glad to hear of good progress.  Shirt ordered.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/22 5:41 a.m.

You know that he is going WAYYY out of his way to not work on the Corolla. I gotta give props for his dedication to it though ;)

Send him our love.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
3/23/22 9:04 a.m.

Shirt ordered and hoping for a full recovery.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/23/22 9:34 a.m.

Shirt ordered, saw the news on his Facebook the other day. Praying for a full recovery!

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/23/22 11:02 a.m.

Just saw this, but positive thoughts for you guys and I hope he's back to working on cars sometime this year.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/22 4:21 p.m.

Up to #2

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
3/23/22 6:20 p.m.

Purchased. And tell him nurses hate being harassed. I could be the one taking care of him instead. wink

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/22 12:15 a.m.

Got a shirt on the way.

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper New Reader
3/24/22 9:03 a.m.

Update: The IV in his neck is out, replaced by a normal one in the arm. He’s off all meds except for some for pain. He was seen by physical therapists who attempted to get him sitting up on his own (more work is needed). A speech pathologist came to make sure he was capable of swallowing properly before they okayed him to eat and drink (Passed!). He said ice chips have never been more amazing. He had beef stroganoff and peaches for lunch and lots of water. He’s far less ornery today and not swearing nearly as much. They’re preparing to move him out of the ICU and into a regular room as soon as they have one ready. I told him that he has so many people in his corner and he's very grateful for that.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/24/22 9:04 a.m.

In reply to Stormtrooper :

That's great news.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
3/24/22 9:04 a.m.

Awesome progress.  Thanks for the update

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
3/24/22 9:58 a.m.

That's great news Ryan, thanks for posting some good news!  Ornery isn't all bad, BTW. LOL.

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf HalfDork
3/24/22 1:30 p.m.

I've had a few interactions with Warren here and he seems to be a good guy. Good to hear he is getting better.

Is it possible to buy a shirt (kid's sized) and then have it auctioned of at the hospital with proceeds going to an appropriate charity or something similar? 

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/24/22 2:06 p.m.

Great to hear that he is still making progress! 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/24/22 2:14 p.m.

You just made my day!!

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/22 3:27 p.m.

Warren has too much living to do to let an ICU stint take him out.  

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper New Reader
3/25/22 11:11 a.m.

Dad had another surgery on his left arm yesterday to clean it, remove a little bit more tissue (I think just to tidy it up for skin grafting), and change the dressing. After surgery, he was taken to his new room which is no longer in the ICU! The infection is under control which means it's time to move on to step 2; his blood. They took him this morning to install a PICC line, which is an IV-like tube inserted in a vein in the arm that goes closer to the heart. The hematologist is also doing a bone marrow biopsy to try to figure out why his blood cells and platelets are so low. Despite not being in the ICU the precautions are still high because of his condition; sanitize hands before and after visiting him, everyone has to wear a mask (that's hospital protocol) including Dad when he's out of his room. The only change is he's also not allowed live plants...so cancel the "get well" cactuses you've ordered. He has been seen by occupational and physical therapists, orthopedists, hematologists, infectious disease experts...He still has a battle ahead of him.

Thank you all for ordering shirts! We're over $100 donation so far, which is pretty impressive for $3 per shirt! I didn't expect it to go so well. There is no deadline to order, the shirts are printed on-demand and I'll leave it up as long as they'll allow me, and proceeds will always be donated to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Arbor.

https://cottonbureau.com/products/dead-skunk-motorsports

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/25/22 11:28 a.m.

Just saw this thread!

I am glad your dad is making progress and things are looking up. 

Ordered two shirts for my oldest son and I. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/25/22 11:52 a.m.

That's fantastic news!  We're all pulling for him.  Thanks for taking time out to update us regularly.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/22 12:06 p.m.

Shirt ordered!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/22 8:56 a.m.

So when he gets out can there be a second shirt that sais  something like Dead Skunks Argue With Nurses?  

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/26/22 12:22 p.m.

I am glad to hear that he is doing well!  To good health and beyond!  laugh

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
THf8S2yjL8l2qYHjE2VDCMIcvbVyWb5ObFAYaLoDFb8RGDokk0cVUCiiQgOCEigw