1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
4/13/22 7:54 p.m.

Posed with less than half of the fleet....

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/13/22 8:46 p.m.

In reply to Ranger50 :

I see that you are a blue or gray kind of guy.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
4/13/22 9:06 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

The blues were unintentional. Bought them a year apart from two different dealerships in two different states. Fiesta is grey and was my dads. Mustang is black. As for the rest, Galaxie is black, ranch wagon is arrest me red, pinto is white, ranger is kinda red, and the ranchero is primer grey.... Still would like a nardi gray car...

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/22 8:36 a.m.

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/15/22 5:25 p.m.

I've got nothing interesting going on with my cars right now to take a picture of. But Mrs. ShawneeCreek and I made a special stop in Warren, Indiana on the way to visit family. Many Dead Skunk Racing pictures were taken.

The state provided sign at the edge of town:

The town built version. "Small town. Big heart."

At the Church of Christ downtown:

At the assembly hall where the town council and chamber of commerce meet:

The post office:

The service and supply store across the street:

The Warren Pharmacy:

And best of all, "Historic Warren"

As you can tell, we had some fun. Get well Warren.

- Sean

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/15/22 5:38 p.m.

Leads me to wonder if there's a Dead Skunk, Ohio... 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/15/22 5:39 p.m.

In reply to ShawneeCreek :

Dude! Bravo!!

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/15/22 5:57 p.m.

ShawneeCreek FTW!

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/15/22 6:00 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Leads me to wonder if there's a Dead Skunk, Ohio... 

There is, over between Cleveland and Pennsylvania. And a Dead Skunk, Michigan just northeast of Detroit.

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper New Reader
4/17/22 1:51 p.m.

In reply to ShawneeCreek :

I'm not here to play favorites, but I think you're probably winning.

Thank you to everyone who has bought a shirt and posted pictures. I need to get my butt in gear and put the book together. I greatly underestimated the scope that this idea would take on, but I am so truly thankful and overwhelmed that it has. I will make 1000 books if that's how many it takes to show him all the people who care about him.

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper New Reader
4/17/22 1:52 p.m.

Update: Dad has been working hard at physical therapy and slowly gaining strength and mobility. He is able to feed himself and hold his own cup, things that were difficult just a week ago. PT is difficult because of his injuries; getting out of bed is difficult because he can’t use his left arm to push or pull with, and he has an incision under his right arm which hurts as well. The PT and OT both say he’s doing much better, though.

He made 2 trips back to the hospital this week for follow-up visits with the surgeon and hematologist. The surgeon said his wounds are healing well but slowly because of his lack of white blood cells. Healing will just take more time.

On Friday, Mom and Dad met with the hematologist and they discussed a course of treatment for his leukemia. They selected a couple of treatments that won’t affect his blood count further, but will require “permission”, so to speak, from the insurance company because they aren’t the traditional course of treatment. The hospital has a department dedicated to situations like this, so they will handle the fight with insurance. Once approved, Dad will go back to the hospital once a week for an infusion as well as take pills daily. Mom says it seems somewhat experimental because of the unique situation he’s in, fighting a major infection along with leukemia.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/17/22 3:24 p.m.

My bride is a PT and she works in a hospital oncology and marrow transplant unit in Atlanta - treating leukemia patients every day. She previously worked with similar patients at Moffitt cancer center (at USF in Tampa). She doesn't recall having direct experience with Hairy Cell Leukemia patients - but we're both sending continued good wishes for Warren. 

Also some interesting reading below - the last paragraph (CAR (Chimeric Antigen Receptor) T cell therapy) is something her hospital is doing with remarkable success on other cancer types.

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/clinical-trials/disease/hairy-cell-leukemia/treatment

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/17/22 9:05 p.m.

brett murphy and stampie with the suprang in the background. 

Meant to post it yesterday, but im not all that bright. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/22 9:49 p.m.

The coordinating shirts weren't planned.  I've meant to get a pic of me in it for a bit now, and I figured if I wore it during the Suprang adventure, an opportunity would come up.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/17/22 10:19 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

We make a cute couple although I need to grow my beard out again.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/22 9:55 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

And here I was thinking that they made you shave in order to enter a neighborhood that well kept. That's the type of neighborhood where a personal luxury coupe would be kept under a car cover while in the garage. 

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper New Reader
4/28/22 6:31 p.m.

Update: Dad has been working hard at physical therapy and is slowly regaining strength. The surgical site on his right leg is slowly closing but is still 4 cm deep. The area on his left leg where the skin graft was taken from is healed and uncovered now. His left arm where the skin graft was placed is healing as expected and the graft seems to be taking well. He has a much smaller bandage on it now and is able to use both of his hands finally. 

The insurance company gave approval to start treating his leukemia using the "alternative" method that is needed. He will be going to the hospital once a week for an infusion, as well as taking pills daily. These treatments shouldn't (key word here) affect his blood cell numbers which are already very low.

He went for his first infusion today and had a reaction to it; his oxygen level was dropping when he would fall asleep and he would "stop breathing momentarily similar to sleep apnea" (from my mom). He has been admitted to the ER overnight so they can run some tests, EKG, chest x-ray, get some fluids in him, and give him a couple units of blood. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/28/22 6:33 p.m.

Glad that he's healing.  Tell him that we're all rooting for him and wish the best for the leukemia treatment.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/28/22 8:04 p.m.

We're still praying 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/22 10:05 p.m.

Approval for "alternative" treatment is always a big coup.  Nice.

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper New Reader
4/29/22 9:27 a.m.

Also, I was visiting him the other day and he was asking my Mom about his magazine subscriptions coming up for renewal, GRM being one of them. He said it's weird being off the forum and "I wonder if anyone misses me?". He has no idea about the shirts or the book yet, so he's going to be in for a very big surprise.

If you have a Dead Skunk shirt and haven't taken and sent me a picture yet please do! I'm going to order the book this weekend. 

beans
beans Dork
4/29/22 11:07 a.m.

Thanks for posting updates - on here and FB - your dad is an awesome guy and it's good to see him making steady improvements. Just ordered a shirt.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/30/22 10:23 p.m.

Picture sent, sorry it took so long.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/1/22 11:05 a.m.

Happy Birthday Deadskunk!

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
5/1/22 12:02 p.m.

Happy birthday!