1 2 3
racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
3/15/13 10:20 p.m.

It'll be losing a lap roughly every 10 and a half laps turned by the leader. The leader will be able to run almost 30 laps on a tank of fuel. So they'll be roughly two and a half laps down when the fuel-guzzlers make their first stop.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/16/13 8:40 a.m.

well.. pole and race are two different things. No doubt the Audi was running all out to get pole.. but will run a more conservative pace in the race to last the laps.

With less weight to lug around, the DWC can push it that bit faster with less worry about breaking things.. so it might all come out to a wash

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
3/16/13 9:53 a.m.

The car is in development, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is or isn't competitive.

Spitsix
Spitsix GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/16/13 9:56 a.m.

In the pits

blueafro
blueafro New Reader
3/16/13 2:45 p.m.

It's interesting that they can make a layout like this work okay on the track, but is there any indication that it would be competitive if run against conventional designs sharing the same rulebook?

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/16/13 4:03 p.m.

In reply to blueafro: Not really. Its first outing at lemans pretty much set the tone for its future.

So, is it borked? I haven't seen any mention of it in the speed coverage.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
3/16/13 4:15 p.m.

They're out. Engine, I think. Completed 10 laps, fastest was a :57.588. Marked as retired on T&S.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
3/16/13 4:24 p.m.

On my iPhone Sebring app, it says 5 laps, Fire.

Just checked it again, and it does say 10 laps now, and doesn't say fire at all.

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
3/16/13 4:32 p.m.

meh, I'll be interested when the delawaing sportwagon comes out. Coupes are just too much of a hassle to get all my gear to the track.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/16/13 5:16 p.m.

I hope the call it a Shooting Brake. Wagons suck

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
3/16/13 5:46 p.m.

Welp... As it sits right now, it looks like the Abruzzi was a bigger success.

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
3/16/13 6:09 p.m.

so, is it out of the race? I only got to turn it on about an hour ago and haven't seen it yet....or heard it being referenced...

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
3/16/13 7:04 p.m.
irish44j wrote: so, is it out of the race? I only got to turn it on about an hour ago and haven't seen it yet....or heard it being referenced...

It was out before the SPEED broadcast even started. 10 laps in.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/16/13 7:57 p.m.

2 things. First, speed had coverage this morning that showed it having issues. Third, the guys said it was an elan developed engine with a Mazda head and the old wiring harness from the old engine.

viking
viking New Reader
3/17/13 8:44 a.m.

Was watching---Fire out the exhaust, lots of smoke, done

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G12tL5tVzYi52DdZDBr5MubLodEcOlS8xwhncxAAOr05CyZyGEmTbjBXXeZWPjxK