1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/1/21 5:03 p.m.

Plumbing the Sniper EFI in the Nova, and I've been meaning to buy a bit of fuel hose for the tank to hard line connection.  FLAPS guy can't find any.  I see this product on the shelf and figure it'll work.  Printed on the hose is the following:  "Gates Transmission Oil Cooler Hose SAE 100R6 3/8 Inch 400 PSI WP Made in Mexico"

So, overkill, or no go?

Edit:  Mods, you may absolutely move this to off-topic as that is where I thought I was posting it.  Thanks!

CJ (FS)
CJ (FS) GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/1/21 5:41 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

It looks like SAE 100R6 is suitable for petroleum-based hydraulic oil and water-glycol based fluids, air and water.  Also seems to be used in marine diesel fuel applications.

Can't find anything in the specs that mentions gasoline, but I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night either.

newrider3
newrider3 HalfDork
9/1/21 9:17 p.m.

If gasoline doesn't kill it, the ethanol in the fuel definitely will.

I have always asked the counterperson for "fuel injection hose" in whatever size I need. I'm sure your parts store has it even if the first employee you asked doesn't know.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
9/2/21 12:19 a.m.

I'll join newrider in the likely death by ethanol camp. It'll work for awhile, then it won't and likely mess up your injectors with disintegrated rubber bits.

Fuel hose now has a inner liner for ethanol resistance.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/2/21 8:18 a.m.
newrider3 said:

I have always asked the counterperson for "fuel injection hose" in whatever size I need. I'm sure your parts store has it even if the first employee you asked doesn't know.

Yup.  I knew what to ask for.  Guy said I could follow him back to where the hose was.  He and I both looked at every roll of hose he had.  No 3/8 fuel injection hose.

Yeah, I guess I'll add this piece to my hose collection and buy the right stuff online.  No sense cutting corners here.  Too much invested already.  surprise

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/2/21 8:29 a.m.
Apexcarver said:

I'll join newrider in the likely death by ethanol camp. It'll work for awhile, then it won't and likely mess up your injectors with disintegrated rubber bits.

Fuel hose now has a inner liner for ethanol resistance.

Yup.  According to the website, a local O'Reilly's has some Gates Barricade injection hose in 3/8".

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fRs9qcNcaRAdPBjdXnIjg6Hxj0RHH8kD3vXN3Ckn9jQPktR0xht5FV5siKJwmB2X