1 2 3 4
DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
11/28/12 12:40 p.m.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/11/2014-mazda6-confirmed-with-skyactiv-d-diesel.html

173 horsepower and 310 pound-feet of torque.

Discuss.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/12 12:49 p.m.

Boioioioing! Okay Mazda, you officially have my wallet's attention. 310 Ft Lbs plus 30+ MPG in a body that good looking? Wifey's Grand Prix is very much closer to a replacement now...

fidelity101
fidelity101 Reader

Do want, especially wagon.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce HalfDork

Now THAT'S the engine I want them to put in the 2. Extra weight bla bla bla, I want it!
The 6 will probably be a perfectly lovely car with it as well. Wonder when I'll be able to buy a wrecked one?

Jaynen
Jaynen HalfDork
11/28/12 12:56 p.m.

Here is hoping for wagon with a stick also :)

DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
11/28/12 12:59 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Boioioioing! Okay Mazda, you officially have my wallet's attention. 310 Ft Lbs plus 30+ MPG in a body that good looking? Wifey's Grand Prix is very much closer to a replacement now...

If VW can get 42 mpg out of the Passat TDI I would expect the similarly sized Mazda to pull the same feat.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Reader
11/28/12 1:05 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote:
Javelin wrote: Boioioioing! Okay Mazda, you officially have my wallet's attention. 310 Ft Lbs plus 30+ MPG in a body that good looking? Wifey's Grand Prix is very much closer to a replacement now...
If VW can get 42 mpg out of the Passat TDI I would expect the similarly sized Mazda to pull the same feat.

agreed. this should realistically see 40mpg highway.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
11/28/12 1:13 p.m.

PLEASE and THANK YOU.

Enyar
Enyar Reader
11/28/12 1:16 p.m.

Time to start saving pennies!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/12 1:18 p.m.
xflowgolf wrote:
DaveEstey wrote:
agreed. this should realistically see 40mpg highway.

Even better!

And that wagon, my oh my, that wagon...

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/28/12 1:38 p.m.

I don't know whether the rest of the country is even close, but it seems like the number of TDI Sportwagens in Portland alone would be a good argument for bringing us the diesel wagon.

Fingers crossed...

DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
11/28/12 1:47 p.m.

I may sell the Miata to open up space in the paddock when this becomes available.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Reader
11/28/12 2:08 p.m.

I'm going to have to trade in my mazda2... I guess I don't need the wagon because I have a suburban but E36 M3!

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
11/28/12 2:09 p.m.

So much want! I love the new styling. Good work Mazda!

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Reader
11/28/12 2:10 p.m.
Matt B wrote: PLEASE and THANK YOU.

though quite beautiful, I'm quite certain I've read a few places that confirmed that we most definitely WILL NOT be getting the wagon variant of the new 6 here in the U.S, let alone one with the diesel.

TTAC had a tongue in cheek article a few months back: Mazda6 Skyactiv-D Wagon To Outsell Ford F-150 In United States

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/28/12 2:28 p.m.

In reply to xflowgolf:

Sigh.

Sedan's a nonstarter for my household. Crossing fingers for Skyactiv-D CX-5, or for VW to really address the HPFP issue on the TDIs so we can just play normal "VW Quality Roulette"...

Yes, I am a broken record.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Reader
11/28/12 2:33 p.m.
xflowgolf wrote:
Matt B wrote: PLEASE and THANK YOU.
though quite beautiful, I'm quite certain I've read a few places that confirmed that we most definitely WILL NOT be getting the wagon variant of the new 6 here in the U.S, let alone one with the diesel. TTAC had a tongue in cheek article a few months back: Mazda6 Skyactiv-D Wagon To Outsell Ford F-150 In United States

I know we are not getting it but can we at least pretend!?

Jaynen
Jaynen HalfDork
11/28/12 2:38 p.m.

At one point in the last couple years more than half of TDI Jetta Wagons sold were diesel

fidelity101
fidelity101 Reader
11/28/12 2:39 p.m.

We all know they are stupid not to bring it here, but why can't they listen!?

moerdogg
moerdogg New Reader
11/28/12 4:29 p.m.
Jaynen wrote: At one point in the last couple years more than half of TDI Jetta Wagons sold were diesel

Pretty sure 100% of the TDI wagons are diesel

I knew what you meant though.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/12 4:37 p.m.

How many diesel wagons with manual transmission do you really think they'd sell in the US? Sure, everybody here says they want one, but what they really want is to find an eight year old one for $4500.

singleslammer
singleslammer HalfDork
11/28/12 4:39 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

You are correct sir, however, I would probably think REAL hard about getting a new one with the wagon/diesel/manual combo. That is full price mind you. This would be a 15 year commuter, easy. So sweet!

fidelity101
fidelity101 Reader
11/28/12 4:40 p.m.
Woody wrote: How many diesel wagons with manual transmission do you really think they'd sell in the US? Sure, everybody here says they want one, but what they really want is to find an eight year old one for $4500.

Nope! I like my warranties and I would like to not have to wrench on it, I have enough car projects I just want something I can drive to work and take on road trips. If I was to buy that wagon 6 speed diesel I may not buy a new car for 15 years...

I understand that the diesel wagon combo would probably be priced around 35k too. I could buy a mini cooper countryman but this is so much more my style :)

DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
11/28/12 4:41 p.m.

If they brought the wagon, diesel 6MT I would be forcing my money on them. As is, they'll likely be earning my first brand-new car purchase EVER.

singleslammer
singleslammer HalfDork
11/28/12 4:44 p.m.

In reply to fidelity101:

I imagine the Mazda would also be:

More spacious More reliable More durable Faster (maybe) More fun to drive (also maybe and purely opinion)

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HOEnxrWFnu9lDkErR5Ixob2KCpUYkme9uSRR0Ku8wv9RROu058BTbDu0p8H35f9E