1 2 3 4
AutosportLabs
AutosportLabs New Reader
12/31/12 3:51 p.m.

THREE DAYS LEFT before our Indiegogo campaign ends! After that, we will not be taking any orders until all campaign perks are fulfilled. http://www.indiegogo.com/RaceCapture

In the meantime : check out the latest work on our mobile app dashboard!

AutosportLabs
AutosportLabs New Reader
7/3/13 11:15 a.m.

Here's a project update!

Keeping our promise, we released the system as open source. You can read the announcement here: http://www.autosportlabs.org/blog/2013/06/keeping-promises/

We're working to finish the mobile app, the Bluetooth adapter and sequential shift light perks. We're excited to bring this tech to the community. Thanks for everyone's support!

-Brent Picasso

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/3/13 12:42 p.m.

Mine's being installed in the 'rolla, I'll have the first videos with data up in the next month. Anyone in here done any videos with theirs yet?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
7/3/13 12:52 p.m.
AutosportLabs wrote: Here's a project update! Keeping our promise, we released the system as open source. You can read the announcement here: http://www.autosportlabs.org/blog/2013/06/keeping-promises/ We're working to finish the mobile app, the Bluetooth adapter and sequential shift light perks. We're excited to bring this tech to the community. Thanks for everyone's support! -Brent Picasso

Brent... offering any discounts/perks for someone to put a RaceAnalyzer GNU configure/make environment (or cmake) for *nix systems? I didn't dig very deep but saw wxWidgets in the headers... that should work nicely unless it's a bleeding edge version not included in most distros. Were you pretty careful like that to keep away from porting issues in the rest of the code?

AutosportLabs
AutosportLabs New Reader
7/3/13 3:39 p.m.

Hi-

Quite possibly! Got full C/C++ coding chops? We also have a fairly long list of features to add, too :) email me at brent (a) autosportlabs.com and we'll chat further!

Porting wise it should port fairly cleanly to Linux as well as OS X . Some time back I test ported the Megajolt Configuration app built with the same architecture and it was just a combination of the correct command line switches for g++ to get it to work. The wxWIdgets framework is pretty good in that respect.

Aside from that, the key work needed will be to implement the serial i/o for the respective platform - it's there for windows, stubbed out for others.

With the windows version we are compiling everything statically, which makes it very robust as a single file distribution. On Linux / OS X we might want to consider that.

Thanks for your interest! Big things coming in this project. HUGE. Keeps me up at night. :D

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/3/13 3:57 p.m.

okay, I think this is something that interests me. However, I have no idea what everybody is talking about.

I want something that will tell me my laptimes. I want it to also show how hard and where I am braking. I would also like to see the accelleration and the cornering speeds. Basically something like a traqmate.

If it also had the ability to monitor the cars vitals and send that info to the pits, that would be perfect.

Assuming I know nothing about how to do any of that (I can solder wires to the appropriate places and can read a wiring diagram but that is about it), What do I need to buy? How hard is it to install? Do you need a laptop? Can a droid type phone be used to collect the data?

Electronics are not my thing.

Thanks for any help!

Rob R.

AutosportLabs
AutosportLabs New Reader
7/3/13 4:23 p.m.

Hi Rob,

You can definitely do all of this and more. Most probably without soldering :)

At the buttonwillow 24 Hours of Lemons Event there were several teams running RaceCapture/Pro + Telemetry, streaming real time data to http://www.race-capture.com - including this team! https://www.facebook.com/TheHomerCar

Right now we're working on a big push to complete the remaining Indiegogo campaign perks (Bluetooth Module + Android dashboard app). Super excited to get that done and fulfill those commitments.

We're also working on making the system much easier to use with regard to sensors - we're going to provide an official list of sensors directly compatible with RaceCapture/Pro. You'll be able to go to a channel, select a drop down indicating the sensor you're using (oil pressure, engine temperature, MAP sensor, wideband, etc) and the system will automatically configure itself.

-Brent

BrentP
BrentP New Reader
11/10/13 4:21 p.m.

We've finally shipped one of the last Indiegogo perks for the RaceCapture/Pro project - Bluetooth module add-on + Bluetooth dash mobile app!

I can't believe how far we've come looking at the old screen shots :) Check out more of the screenshots here in the Google Play Store and test drive it with some demo data from our 24Hours of LeMons race this year in Shelton, WA.

Thank you again for supporting the project! I wonder what the next crowdfunding project will be? :)

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MLAzfp64n54zVyXjpg4WQnAUdX5ULXAGTeePI6LlbnglXLTIyF9kphlnUFRPbp9h