AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 New Reader
10/19/12 11:11 a.m.

Saw this car at Putnam park this past weekend. Had some grassroots stickers on it but never got a chance to talk to them about it. Just curious what all was done to it cause it was running pretty decent laps from what I could tell.

Sorry I'm posting from my phone and don't know how to hotlink this.

evildky
evildky Dork
10/19/12 2:25 p.m.

the upside is you know how not to do it ;)

link no work

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/19/12 2:38 p.m.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
10/19/12 3:52 p.m.

That's youngfg's car. It's one of his two 300ZX chumpcars, the other being the white and black Kentucky Spirits car. I think they're mostly stock other than weight reduction and some suspension tuning. It probably helps that Gene is a hell of a good driver.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 New Reader
10/19/12 7:41 p.m.

Thanks guys. I searched before hand and saw pics of the white car. I hope he see this, I'm curious as to what lap times he was running. I think a Z31 turbo could be a decent NASA TT car. They start off classed really low. I've been rolling the Idea around in my head for a while.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
10/20/12 8:51 a.m.

Here's a REALLY old build thread of the white car. I think the yellow car might actually be the black (ish?) parts car that's pictured in the thread. I'll alert him of this thread. http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/our-500-dollar-race-car-build/23218/page1/

youngfg
youngfg New Reader
10/20/12 5:10 p.m.

Corey is right on all counts. The Yellow car is our old spare parts car that we have turned into a Chump Car. The Yellow car is ver 2.0, I use it to try out new things before they go on the white car. Both our cars are stock other than the weight reduction, headers, and coilovers. The headers and coilovers are all I the modifications I can do and stay under $500.00 competition value.

If you look you can see pics of our white car at the $2012 Challenge. We ran the challenge after our 14 hour Chump Car race in Sebring.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FSWLGPS89PmVeETBDwUCMdeJFQjj4iMuAor3ADydE8cI89clvgLVQthNFpQyPRlg