1 2
Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/30/16 10:49 a.m.

I think kit cars are cool as long as you aren't passing it off as real.

While not a fiero based kit car....I've wanted to build a sterling one day

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/30/16 11:21 a.m.

In reply to Antihero:

This times a million. I would rock the E36 M3 out of most of the VW based ridiculousness.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/30/16 11:22 a.m.
Kreb wrote: Ah kit cars, inspiring would-be Henry Fords since... well, since Henry Ford. I once had a line on a well-constructed molds/jig combo for a Porsche Spyder until I found that the owner owed money to the fabricators in Mexico who actually built the things. "So, I pay you 15 grand for the rights to go to Mexico and try to get the molds from a pissed-off vendor? Sure, what could go wrong with that?" Here's another product of the kit car field of dreams (and tears): "race-car inspired" What kills be is that back in the 90s he was able to get custom DOT-compliant windshields made up for $750 or so each. Now that's more along the line of 5 grand each.

Is the one you linked the one with the mexico issue?

I'm much more attracted to that one than this fiero with a diving board front overhang.

wspohn
wspohn HalfDork
1/1/17 2:26 p.m.

As a long time Fiero owner, I can say that I have seen few body kits that look better than the stock body does.

Even the bodies that look decent like the Countach (which requires a real Lambo windshield that is worth more than the whole Fiero donor car) let down the side when you look through the side window and see expanses of gray GM plastic interior.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q8nSSqWlI5pZZkQoRlPQpw9EKVGxckfWxWpQ0A6J7NafM7Y5QftiEsQkQIeCLsfm