1 2
03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/6/24 4:16 p.m.
z31maniac said:

In reply to ddavidv :

I'm sure it got lost with all the other BS. 

I'm sorry to have upset you. YMMV. Good luck. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/7/24 9:52 a.m.
03Panther said:
z31maniac said:

In reply to ddavidv :

I'm sure it got lost with all the other BS. 

I'm sorry to have upset you. YMMV. Good luck. 

You didn't upset me. It just gets old that anytime insurance is even mentioned it devolves into "they screwed me" "it's a scam," etc. 

I was just asking for some advice so I'd have a better idea of where any offer should be. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/7/24 10:21 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

Normaly when someone devolves into cussing me, singling me out, I  assume I've upset them. 
You mentioned expecting it to happen, and then complain that it happened. To answer your original question, "No I don't have access. Hope you get a more honest guy, than has been my experiences "

Wish I could help more, but I will not tie up anymore band width in your thread. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/7/24 8:05 p.m.

After taking the $1k deductible I'll be getting a deposit later this week for $16k. I feel that's a pretty fair offer so I didn't even bother trying to argue over a few hundred more. So they got back to me in 4 business days instead of 7-10 and offered me what I feel is a pretty fair settlement. 

The Ford dealer about 1.5 miles away has a nice 2018 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (Soul Red, leather, sunroof, BOSE) with only 33k miles on it. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/7/24 9:16 p.m.

That sounds pretty good. Is there a buyback price in the paperwork? Not sure that's a thing..

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/7/24 10:49 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:

That sounds pretty good. Is there a buyback price in the paperwork? Not sure that's a thing..

There is nothing in the paperwork about it. On the State Farm site under the Total Loss FAQ:

"What if I want to keep my vehicle after it's been totaled?
Generally, we do not allow owners to retain vehicle salvage as part of a total loss settlement. If this is an option in your state and an option for the type of loss the vehicle sustained, you can work with your claim handler on next steps."

It's a moot point, with that settlement I'm not interested in any hassle since this has been pretty painless. Just want to find a good vehicle to replace it and move on.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
10/8/24 12:34 a.m.
z31maniac said:

After taking the $1k deductible I'll be getting a deposit later this week for $16k. I feel that's a pretty fair offer so I didn't even bother trying to argue over a few hundred more. So they got back to me in 4 business days instead of 7-10 and offered me what I feel is a pretty fair settlement. 

The Ford dealer about 1.5 miles away has a nice 2018 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (Soul Red, leather, sunroof, BOSE) with only 33k miles on it. 

Very glad to hear it worked out!!!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eF3RFiy9T2RzY3GcvQVtXo7DzzqgUuoOV5WI5PnJbBIxUC49N9Bti3Lt1LbRjMJY