1 2
codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/19/24 7:22 p.m.
adam525i said:

My E28 was the same way on track even though it was one that didn't come with ABS from the factory. Willwood adjustable proportioning valve solved that issue. I'm not claiming the car will be better/faster without ABS/DSC but it would still be fun.

IME adjustable prop valves are really for fine tuning, not for fixing grossly mismatched F/R balance like the E46 has without the electronics.  I think you'd need to change out some piston sizes to give it something closer to a good balance as a starting point.

HiFiGuy
HiFiGuy New Reader
10/20/24 8:42 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Is there more to the story?  Seems like it left us hanging a bit.  I see that you got the warning lights cleared, which is great.  How do the brakes feel now?  Can you tell a big difference, like I would think you could?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/20/24 9:51 p.m.

In reply to HiFiGuy :

That’s pretty much the whole story: Warning lights out, brakes are back to normal.

Could I tell that one rear brake wasn’t working? On a low-traction surface, yes, I could tell something was up as the car pulled under braking. (Before we replaced the ABS/DSC unit, I had to venture down some dirt roads just to see.) Just driving it around in town, not sure I could tell, to be honest. I figure the fronts are doing more of the work, and I was no where near the limits. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XSZcJPBFs9MZabdi8iV8IwBkxhp5xSKNkaNrS5C7fnd0KTn4is65lLaXrOmuUpO6