Still growing
1,022 Backers
$64,104 pledged of $47,630 goal
55 minutes to go

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rallymatt/easier-said-than-done

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Reader
5/9/12 9:29 a.m.

and it's official. Made it a clear $20K past it's goal!

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Reader
5/9/12 1:11 p.m.

Sweet deal. Looking forward to this one.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/9/12 1:50 p.m.

Looking forward to looking through this thread and seeing the film.

I'll get back to this Back 40 film editing.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/13 11:18 a.m.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread with news...I hadn't heard any news of this movie since the crowdfunding started but I remembered it today, and it's done now...you can get it on DVD, online streaming or an (apparently DRM-free) .MP4 file.

http://easiersaidthandonefilm.com/

Jerry
Jerry Dork
11/19/13 11:50 a.m.

I just ordered my DVD over the weekend.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/19/13 1:19 p.m.

I have the DVD and downloaded the 1080 version as well. It's visially spectacular and the music (which i wouldn't have expected) is absolutely fantastic.

If i was going to be critical of one area it's that it doesn't show the extend of the struggle, often for each event, that a grassroots team goes through budgetwise, particullarly if an "off" is involved. It's glossed over and simply would've doubled the film in length (and made it very dry and uber rally geek) to address.

redzcstandardhatch
redzcstandardhatch Reader
11/21/13 6:55 a.m.

matt could make an entire movie about grassroots cheap rallying, he won group2 national championship in 05, with NO money left....always struggling, borrowing, begging, parts off friends cars, awful borrowed trailers, sleeping in parking lots, etc

it was a long year

captdownshift
11/21/13 7:21 a.m.

I know that he could, he did a great job on the project (I'll be sure to contribute to what's next, although some higher budget teams of tabbed him for some work that pays (a little at least) for the foreseeable future). The inner car geek in me would've loved more of the dry gritty teeth of a documentary, opposed to the seemingly brief stories amongst the epic highlight reel of footage. With that being said, to fulfill my appetitie for it we'd be looking at a 20 hr film, which 98% of the population would've fallen asleep 20 minutes into.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
11/21/13 2:25 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift:

Thanks for the post not sure how I missed this earlier, will be getting the DVD

BBC

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
11/21/13 2:48 p.m.

It's well worth the watch. My boys have the ESTD poster hanging on their wall now.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
11/21/13 8:25 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: It's well worth the watch. My boys have the ESTD poster hanging on their wall now.

I just watched the trailer when I got home from work.. ordered the CD about 2 minutes later.

BBC

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
11/21/13 8:40 p.m.

DVD and poster ordered

Jerry
Jerry Dork
11/23/13 9:13 a.m.

DVD has arrived. I know what I'm watching today while SWMBO cleans...

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress HalfDork
11/23/13 10:14 a.m.

I thought it was visually very impressive, but... there really isn't much of a "story" at all. It just felt like a bunch of interviews that didn't really mesh together much other than "here's a couple of my rallying stories".

Not to say I didn't enjoy it, just what I noticed while I was watching. I kept thinking, "What's the point?"

wae
wae Reader
11/23/13 11:31 a.m.

What a coincidence: This thread re-appears basically at the same time my wife asks me what she should be getting me for Christmas. And, of course, since you can't wrap a digital download, it just makes sense to add a tee-shirt!

captdownshift
11/23/13 6:44 p.m.

Lainford Express, I couldn't agree more. I enjoyed it but there's no way to answer what you just watched. It doesn't follow any teams through anything, successes or challenges. It's enjoyable but it's really a series of short stories intermingled with highlight type footage

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
11/25/13 4:38 p.m.

Came home to a tube sticking out the front of the mailbox. DVD and poster were inside. Showed up a lot sooner than I expected.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5Y2lSjZiEC7GUCThKbEm4Yp5t2Aw243clTJ1ctUEAC9LWRzhDzr7VdExY4ZvYwp5