1 2
barnca
barnca Reader
5/11/10 9:40 a.m.

ima decent welder. def not the best but those shock towers make me kinda nervous.

ValuePack
ValuePack HalfDork
5/11/10 11:44 a.m.

Terrifying. I'd rather see the donor WRX with the Justy's drivetrain.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
5/11/10 12:29 p.m.
davidjs wrote:
cghstang wrote: That is certainly an interesting "cage" and harness setup
Is it just the nervous engineer in me, or does anyone else think the shock mount looks exciting as well?

If by 'exciting' you mean 'as deadly as angry flare carrying rattlesnakes in a pit full of gasoline' then yeah. One good 'yump' and the dump truck stance will be more like something off the cover of 'Lowrider' mag.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
5/11/10 12:39 p.m.

I like it, it just needs a few things

1) change the cage around a little.

2) reinforce the suspension mounts.

3) add box flares.

If it were local I would buy it for a dollar. (not $5800 though)

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/11/10 1:36 p.m.

all that "cage"work and he didn't tie it into the "new" rear strut/shock towers he built?

I would be afraid to drive that onto a trailer

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
5/11/10 8:12 p.m.

Uh, if he runs over a #2 pencil the tires will rip those fenders right off. Holy no-tire-clearance Batman!

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
5/11/10 8:22 p.m.
davidjs wrote:
cghstang wrote: That is certainly an interesting "cage" and harness setup
Is it just the nervous engineer in me, or does anyone else think the shock mount looks exciting as well?

What come on?

Don't you know booger welds are tha strongest evar!

Will
Will HalfDork
5/11/10 8:50 p.m.

I've heard this particular swap mentioned as a potential class killer in SCCA Street Mod.

But this execution is not the answer.

irish44j
irish44j HalfDork
5/11/10 8:55 p.m.

someone should tell him that just because he does a WRX drivetrain swap, it doesn't mean he has to use STi- sized wheels and tires.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/12/10 12:20 p.m.

Those shock towers need lots and lots of beefing up but I don't see anything wrong with mounting the harnesses to the roof. Isn't that the best position from a safety standpoint?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/12/10 12:21 p.m.

tying the cage into those shock towers would do wonders for the strengthening of them. As for the harnesses.. a bar from the cage that extends down to the shocktowers could be used to mount them

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
5/12/10 3:30 p.m.

Needs more cowbell..

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 Reader
5/17/10 4:54 a.m.

While the title of "Coolest Justy in The World" is not hard to earn, that thing is pretty cool. Definitely not $6,000 cool though...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
J0nEOJgaZLCI31PSGNxENL40J3Vhyw9c6ogVpzRNX81iClLl04Hf7jsiru7LhbVE