1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
3/24/13 11:01 p.m.

Team orders generally suck even though I understand the logic behind them. Red Bull gained maximum team points even with the violation and that's all that counts; the WCC is worth millions of dollars to the team.

Vettel dumped all over his team mate and Webber is now motivated to prevent a fourth driver's title for Seb. If he can do it without hurting the team, I'm all for it.

It was nice to see Louise note that Nico really deserved a podium finish. Hamilton redeemed himself a bit (in my eyes) while Vettel revealed an inner-Schumacher I hoped he didn't posess.

All that and the unpredictability of the tires and fuel concerns for an extra-long race made for an interesting race - even if the real action didn't occur on track.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/24/13 11:01 p.m.

Post race interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBHcTuUQoQI

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
3/24/13 11:03 p.m.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
3/24/13 11:04 p.m.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
3/24/13 11:05 p.m.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/24/13 11:08 p.m.

Not the 1st time Vettel has done anything to defeat Webber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx9zIQvrdZU

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
3/25/13 8:42 a.m.

I honestly hope that Webber gets a contract with Porsche for their LMP1 team next year. I'd really like to see redemption for Webbo at La Sarthe.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
3/25/13 8:54 a.m.

I have no love for T. Convict (Sometimes known as Webber by others), but I felt for him. I hope he returns the favor and it costs derVunderkit his 4th WDC. Good for Lewis acknowledging Nico should have got his podium spot. HaHa to Alonso. Looks like McMerc and others are back to having wheel nut problems again. Button must be pissed as it cost him 5th in a car that has no place being that far up right now and I really feel for DiResta, being held behind Sutil last week, being stacked and delayed in the pits 1st time then the second time before retiring. That blows, he has the pace, but needs the opportunity to show it.

After all that though, what an amazing race, I was glued to the TV for the whole thing. I love how close the top 4 were for much of the race, no one can say F1 isn’t exciting or close these days.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
3/25/13 9:50 a.m.

It looks like I may have to eat some humble pie if things stay the same at Mercedes. Nico is showing he can compete with Lou-eeeees Hameeeelton.

I've always been a big fan of the convict since he doesn't hide behind BS/PC answers and tells it like it is. I really wish he could pull of the WDC this year and then retire.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/13 11:29 a.m.

This blog nicely summarizes why I found Malaysia so disappointing.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
4/14/13 12:58 p.m.

Did everybody forget there was a race, or are all the Hamilton Haters trying to avoid his qualifying effort?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
4/14/13 1:31 p.m.

China was a very entertaining race, with all the strategy choices, and that guys Banzai run at the end. I enjoyed it.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/14/13 4:49 p.m.

I continue to be surprised by Hamilton's efforts this year. Honestly, I think that the team has reached a high point after a couple of low years, but Lewis is doing very well.

Regardless, I am ecstatic with Alonso's victory.

Javelin
4/14/13 5:01 p.m.

In reply to racerfink:

I was ignoring the internet in hopes I could actually watch the race some how. It didn't work out. It was an amazing race to read about, though. Webbo got slammed again, that idiot who took out Sutil got a 5-place penalty for next week, Kimi dominated the whole field more than once, Alonso and Massa got their MoJo's back, and Hammy flat out trounced cry-baby, I mean Vettel. Hammy's decision to switch is looking more genius every race, McLaren is in a world of E36 M3. Perez and his replacement at Sauber both look like duds. Force India looks sooo promising, as does Merc. Williams went to straight to the back-back in a hurry, what happened?

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
4/14/13 5:20 p.m.

What a good race today. Go Ferrari!!

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
4/14/13 8:52 p.m.

In reply to racerfink:

Not here, but I really wanted to get a good night's sleep instead of watching it live. And then I failed at that by being in bed before midnight, waking up a couple of hours later and watched most of it anyway.

China was a good race and the season is starting to look like last year - three races with three different winners and no clear favorite. I like it that way.

Javelin
6/6/13 6:26 p.m.

Well, now things are getting interesting... Ferrari was cleared on the tire testing kerfluffle (as they used a 2011 car), but Merc has to go before an FIA tribunal for the first time. That could be really bad news for them, but I doubt the penalty will be much. The really interesting part is that the FIA is taking Pirelli to task, too (and their contract is up in 2014). Hmmm, could we go back to a multiple tire manufacturer setup?

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
6/6/13 6:37 p.m.

^I doubt it. From what I understand Bridgestone isn't interested and what other manufacturer would have time to develop the tires at this point?

I've also read that Pirelli has an agreement with the teams and FIA, just not a signed contract yet.

Javelin
6/6/13 6:39 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac:

You're probably right. The single-tire thing is making for a good show, too.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
6/6/13 8:07 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: ^I doubt it. From what I understand Bridgestone isn't interested and what other manufacturer would WANT to develop the tires at this point?

ftfy

What company would want to suffer the same grief as Pirelli by fulfilling a contractual agreement?

Javelin
6/27/13 10:47 a.m.

Breaking news!!!

Mark Webber quit Red Bull and will drive Porsche LMP1 cars next season!

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/06/27/mark-webber-to-quit-f1-join-porsche-for-2014-le-mans/

The rumor mill in that article states Red Bull is going after Kimi to replace him, but I don't see the Iceman putting up with Vettel's BS or all the PR Red Bull would make him do.

Javelin
6/27/13 10:49 a.m.

Whoops, didn't see the stand-alone thread.

So.... thoughts on Silverstone?

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/27/13 11:18 a.m.
Javelin wrote: The rumor mill in that article states Red Bull is going after Kimi to replace him, but I don't see the Iceman putting up with Vettel's BS or all the PR Red Bull would make him do.

Of all the driver partners, Kimi would be the best. To put Sebbie in his place. He's an absolute amazing driver, too bad he's, well...

kimi would be great as a teammate.

stroker
stroker Dork
6/27/13 1:12 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Breaking news!!! Mark Webber quit Red Bull and will drive Porsche LMP1 cars next season! http://www.autoblog.com/2013/06/27/mark-webber-to-quit-f1-join-porsche-for-2014-le-mans/ The rumor mill in that article states Red Bull is going after Kimi to replace him, but I don't see the Iceman putting up with Vettel's BS or all the PR Red Bull would make him do.

Why wouldn't Button leave McLaren? He wuvs Honda?

unevolved
unevolved Dork
6/27/13 1:19 p.m.

I don't think having Kimi and Seb on the same team would be good for RB's chances at a constructor's championship. I don't think either one of them would be content with getting both cars out front, then setting cruise control, a la Malaysia this year.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ofRMi8zgLd1Qzb6vgScrdDQqmWhoGAlwFjaX1AbTH5Fuzg4PSpLzooRG9DGWt3r2