1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/27/13 1:36 p.m.

I can't see Button going to Red Bull, not unless he gets an ironclad contract that says he doesn't have to pull over for Vettel. Button's already got a WC of his own, he's not that desperate for a ride.

I don't really see Kimi going there either. I think it's more likely they'll pull up Vergne or Ricciardo from STR.

unevolved
unevolved Dork
6/27/13 3:22 p.m.

Ricciardo seems like a good guy with lots of potential, it'd be nice to see what he can do with a top-tier car.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
6/27/13 3:26 p.m.

Lotus lost a boat load of money last financial year and are struggling for $$'s this year. I don't see they have the ability to keep up with RB, McMerc, the silver arrows and the prancing pony in the development wars. Geni capital did just sell a minority stake to a group of investors, but I'm not sure it will be enough. I see Kimi jumping at the RB ride if he can avoid enough PR crap.

Button will retire from McLaren I think. I see one of the Toro Rosso guys going to Lotus to replace Kimi.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/13 6:23 p.m.

Well now that the silly season rumors have died down, it must be time for a race? Any predictions/hopes?

I hope Kimi will win, I predict Webber will put Vettel into a retaining wall.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress HalfDork
8/20/13 8:54 p.m.

I want Kimi to win too. I don't want him to leave Lotus. They're the only team I like right now.

I want to like Williams, I liked them before BMW ruined them. I'll probably like McLaren once they've got Honda engines, but I'm worried about their competitiveness. I think Honda has their work cut out for them if they're only going to be supplying one team.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
9/9/13 4:23 p.m.

Well, we have one confirmation that Kimi is back to Ferrari

http://autosprint.corrieredellosport.it/2013/09/09/kimi-ferrari-e-fatta/10173/

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/10/13 11:27 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Well, we have one confirmation that Kimi is back to Ferrari http://autosprint.corrieredellosport.it/2013/09/09/kimi-ferrari-e-fatta/10173/

I guess it's probably going to happen, but accornind to all the usual English speaking sites it's still not signed, sealed and deliverd.

So, I assume Massa is looking for a post F1 ride. Who gets Kimi's Lotus seat? I'd guess Hulkenburg or DiResta

DukeOfUndersteer
9/10/13 11:36 a.m.

Hulkenburg would be good in the Lotus. Don't really see Massa filling a seat anywhere. If he gets desperate, Sauber? Though arn't they getting some Russian driver?

Javelin
9/10/13 11:51 a.m.

Told ya'll!!

I honestly don't see Emonso staying at Ferrari though. Look at the way he's been bad-mouthing the car and all the head-butting between him and Montezuma.

My prediction: Kimi and Hulkenberg to Fezza, Alonso bumps Perez out of McLaren Honda, and Perez jumps to Lotus.

Reality: Kimi to Ferrari, Hulkenberg to Lotus, Massa out.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
9/10/13 11:52 a.m.

Bouiller has already said Hulkenberg is Plan B.

Sergey Sirtojapvoieaj;lsdkj or whatever, but he's having trouble getting the Super License since he is 18 with very little experience.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/10/13 12:44 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: Bouiller has already said Hulkenberg is Plan B. Sergey Sirtojapvoieaj;lsdkj or whatever, but he's having trouble getting the Super License since he is 18 with very little experience.

I really hope the FIA don't listen to the $$"s and say no to a super license. It may put Sauber in a bad position, but come on, what the hell has the kid done? I've got nothing fundamentally against paid drivers, some of the best ever drivers were pay drivers (Lauda got a bank loan to buy a drive with March in F1), but you need money and proven ability, not just daddy owning half of Russia.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/10/13 12:54 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Told ya'll!! I honestly don't see Emonso staying at Ferrari though. Look at the way he's been bad-mouthing the car and all the head-butting between him and Montezuma. My prediction: Kimi and Hulkenberg to Fezza, Alonso bumps Perez out of McLaren Honda, and Perez jumps to Lotus. Reality: Kimi to Ferrari, Hulkenberg to Lotus, Massa out.

If Alonso isn't in a Ferrari next year I will post pictures of myself eating my hat. I see no change at McLaren next year. Longer term if DiResta doens't get the Lotus drive I think Button will step down as a driver in a year or two to go into McLaren Management and him fill that seat instead.
I could see a Grosjean getting the boot if he wads up any more cars, even with his ties to Geni. Also how long will Maldonardo last at Williams now Chaves is underground? I think Bottas has shown he's Maldonardo's equal this year.

Advan046
Advan046 Reader
9/10/13 12:54 p.m.

There is always some insider information that we won't know. How Hamilton knew that Mercedes would have a good run this year is unclear. He alone didn't make the team what it is but he knew there was something that Brawn guy had going on to make it a good move.

Having said that, who knows how the turbo development is going these days. Those in the circle may be able to see that the Honda is the engine to have or that Ferrari is going to destroy everyone with incredible power and reliability. Or a major part of Hamilton's move may have been some good feeling about the Mercedes power. The French auto companies may dump funds into Lotus if there is a French driver, (oh wait there is a french driver.)

So for Kimi, Alonso, and Vettel and the others there may be great reasons to stay or go that we won't know.

I think Alonso will give Ferrari one season of V6 power before leaving. Vettel will stay until RB falls. He just has a perfect storm of Adrian and Dietrich to make it a no brainer to stay.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/10/13 2:09 p.m.
Advan046 wrote: There is always some insider information that we won't know. How Hamilton knew that Mercedes would have a good run this year is unclear. He alone didn't make the team what it is but he knew there was something that Brawn guy had going on to make it a good move. Having said that, who knows how the turbo development is going these days. Those in the circle may be able to see that the Honda is the engine to have or that Ferrari is going to destroy everyone with incredible power and reliability. Or a major part of Hamilton's move may have been some good feeling about the Mercedes power. The French auto companies may dump funds into Lotus if there is a French driver,(oh wait there is a Swiss driver who conveniently discovered a tenuous French link to make himself more marketable).So for Kimi, Alonso, and Vettel and the others there may be great reasons to stay or go that we won't know.

Fixed

Advan046 wrote: I think Alonso will give Ferrari one season of V6 power before leaving.

I think he may be a lifer, his leaving McLaren made Kimi's previous exit from Ferrari look like a mutual love fest, I think that bridge is burnt. HerVet will block him from Rouge Cow, Lotus is a step down. Mercede's could be a possibility only if Hamilton manages to find a ride in another team, which will only happen if Adrian Newey is there

Advan046 wrote:

Vettel will stay until RB falls. He just has a perfect storm of Adrian and Dietrich to make it a no brainer to stay.

Agreed.

Javelin
9/10/13 2:27 p.m.

Rouge Cow, ha!

Considering Fezza hired Emonso after StepneyGate, I can totally see the current McLaren guys wanting him back. Perez isn't working out and Button's getting tired.

I want a "dream team" of Maldonado and Grosjean together in some back-marker like Sauber or Williams where they can bash each other into walls every race Cole Trickle style.

DukeOfUndersteer
9/10/13 3:11 p.m.

Translated to English, this is the official word: "Massa, you're sacked!"

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/10/13 3:26 p.m.

Yup, he's gone. Shame in a way, he's a nice guy and on his day he can compete with the best of them. Unfortunately his day was 5 years ago. http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsport/story/124683.html

I hope he bows out gracefully and doesn’t stick around with a mid field or back marker team. There's room for him in Indy cars if he can raise the $$'s which shouldn't be hard with his name.

Javelin
9/10/13 4:10 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Indy does seem to be quite the breeding ground for ex-F1 guys. I'd kind of prefer to see him in LeMans though. Massa in a Toyota vrs Webber in the Porsche?

DukeOfUndersteer
9/10/13 4:11 p.m.

What about DTM?

Javelin
9/10/13 4:47 p.m.

Hmmm, just read a report on Motorsport.com about strife at Ferrari and pointing out that Kobayashi has been driving for Ferrari all year in the WEC and the F1 tests and show cars.

Might we have Kimi/Kobayashi at Fezza in 2014, if not 2015?

Fuel to the fire: Alonso is obviously unhappy at Ferrari and word is that Honda/McLaren and Mercedes have the best turbo motors.

DukeOfUndersteer
9/10/13 6:08 p.m.

http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2013/09/kimi-raikkonen-at-ferrari-is-official.html?m=1

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
9/10/13 6:58 p.m.

Meanwhile, Vettel continues his romp towards another title unimpeded...

Had to throw that out there. I know it bunches panties pretty hard around here.

I thought it was all aweetness and light between Ferrari and Alonzo again. Kimi as a teammate will kill him, though. He won't accept equal billing, let alone secondary status. He might last a year.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/11/13 7:52 a.m.

OK so it's finaly really official http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsport/story/124745.html

I still say no way is Alonso leaving the red purse for 14

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/11/13 7:58 a.m.
Javelin wrote: Well now that the silly season rumors have died down

Maybe not

beans
beans HalfDork
9/11/13 8:16 a.m.

Ugh. I hate Ferrari. Sucks my favorite driver is going there. Grosjean has been putting on a good show lately, but I can't think of any other driver I really like besides Kimi and Romain.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
82rM8J3ZZPknNL88AvzI6xD48zuDonz5lvs2jMRvMFudfJRkrfD1rT1cWqOvWjL2