1 2 3
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/12 8:56 a.m.
Basil Exposition wrote: According to the UK press, Ferrari is still considering filing a protest...

On my F1 news feed this morning, they made it official.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson SuperDork
11/29/12 9:13 a.m.

Per BBC news hour on NPR FIA has rejected the protest. It's over, we have a threepeat and anyonebutalonso looses again. I can't say I'm sorry about one of my least favorite drivers loosing, but as I said up thread, I don't think a threepeat is good for the sport.

Here's to Kimi in 2013!!!

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
11/29/12 9:23 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Here's to Kimi in 2013!!!

That's something I can agree with!

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
11/29/12 9:38 a.m.

The real conspiracy is... why won't F1 teams allow Marco Andretti in?

That's what HE wants to know...

Adrian_Thompson
11/29/12 9:44 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: The real conspiracy is... why won't F1 teams allow Marco Andretti in? That's what HE wants to know...

Even pay to play drivers need some talent

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/12 9:55 a.m.
z31maniac wrote:

Damn straight! He kicked ass this season. Points in 19 of 20, and finished every race. 3rd overall in a Lotus.

BTW, rumor is Kobayashi to replace Grosjean next season. Now that's a team I can really root for!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/29/12 10:07 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Per BBC news hour on NPR FIA has rejected the protest. It's over, we have a threepeat and anyonebutalonso looses again. I can't say I'm sorry about one of my least favorite drivers loosing, but as I said up thread, I don't think a threepeat is good for the sport. Here's to Kimi in 2013!!!

Hooray for anyone but Alonso!!! I will be rooting for Button next year since Hamilton went over to the Krauts.

DukeOfUndersteer
11/29/12 10:19 a.m.

On Michael Andretti's Wiki Page:

Marco Andretti said: However, according to son Marco, the McLaren team Andretti drove for "sabotaged" his chances at being competitive in order to replace him with Finnish driver Mika Häkkinen, who would require a smaller salary. "The reality of it was, they had Mika Häkkinen ready to come in for a lot less than what my dad was getting paid, and that's all it was. Right then and there, they had to make him look [bad]," claimed Marco in 2008. "They would make the car do weird things in the corner electronically, stuff out of his control.'"[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Andretti

I reckin' this is why Marco will never see the seat of an F1 car in competition...

Adrian_Thompson
11/29/12 10:31 a.m.

Yup talking like that in public will not help your cause. But while Michael undoubtedly had talent, his attitude was never right for F1, and I don't hold Marco in the same league as daddy let alone grandpa! Indy cars is a shadow of its former self and he hasn’t exactly set the world on fire there has he. He’s been soundly beaten by his team mates.

If you want an American driver to root for watch out for Alexander Rossi who is in the world series by Renault, he won a couple of races last year and was the Caterham test driver this year.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
11/29/12 10:36 a.m.
Javelin wrote:
z31maniac wrote:
Damn straight! He kicked ass this season. Points in 19 of 20, and finished every race. 3rd overall in a *Lotus*. BTW, rumor is Kobayashi to replace Grosjean next season. Now *that's* a team I can really root for!

Oh god yes! I would go out and buy a ton of Renault gear. Kobash is one of my favorite drivers!

The Kimster and Kobash on one team?

I hate you for getting my hopes up!

DukeOfUndersteer
11/29/12 10:50 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Very true.

Oh...

Mansell > Andretti (both Michael and Mario)

Adrian_Thompson
11/29/12 11:01 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Mansell > Andretti (both Michael and Mario)

Yup, no one tried harder longer for his first F1 WDC, but then he goes back to back wiht the Indy car champ when it actualy meant something.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/29/12 12:00 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: In reply to Adrian_Thompson: Very true. Oh... Mansell > Andretti (both Michael and Mario)

I love me some Ol' Nige, but there are very few I rate higher than Mario, for all he did in multiple cars and series over many years, few can match his resume.

Marco is an entitled brat.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
11/29/12 12:09 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Case closed.
Based on this statement?
Internet Blogger said: I rocked the few frames where the marshal on the left side of the track is visible waving what, though not clear, we have to assume is a green flag. Vettel makes the pass after that green flag station so it's all legal.
He assumes it's a green (ignoring the yellows on the driver's wheel), and therefor it's legal? (I mean it's all pee in the wind, we're not Ferrari or the FIA, but that's some bizarre "conclusion".)

Analysis and confirmation on why the pass was legal and the protest denied: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104645

Hint: flags take precedent over lights and the pass on Vergne was completed under green flag conditions.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/29/12 12:15 p.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: In reply to Adrian_Thompson: Very true. Oh... Mansell > Andretti (both Michael and Mario)
I love me some Ol' Nige, but there are very few I rate higher than Mario, for all he did in multiple cars and series over many years, few can match his resume. Marco is an entitled brat.

I have to disagree just cause well his name is Nigel and check out the stache.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
11/29/12 1:08 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic:

Why does the word "c0ckbroom" leap to mind.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 New Reader
11/29/12 1:22 p.m.

Anyone see the comment Vettel made about going to Senna's grave and telling him what Bruno did to him?!

http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2012/11/go-to-sennas-grave-and-tell-him-what.html?m=1

What a douche.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
11/29/12 1:42 p.m.

Especially when he turned down on Senna!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

kylini
kylini New Reader
11/29/12 2:40 p.m.

Since the flag vid isn't on YouTube, here's a handy GIF hosted by SpeedTV. Watch the left.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/29/12 2:43 p.m.
AtticusTurbo27 wrote: Anyone see the comment Vettel made about going to Senna's grave and telling him what Bruno did to him?! http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2012/11/go-to-sennas-grave-and-tell-him-what.html?m=1 What a douche.

Aaaaand now I dislike him just as much as Alonso.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
11/29/12 4:13 p.m.
AtticusTurbo27 wrote: Anyone see the comment Vettel made about going to Senna's grave and telling him what Bruno did to him?! http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2012/11/go-to-sennas-grave-and-tell-him-what.html?m=1 What a douche.

Yeah, I was beginning to reconsider my stance on Seb before I heard about that. What a stupid thing to say. Not that I would have become a Vettel fan anyway, but at least I wouldn't have kept cringing every time he's on the screen.

Kimi really amazed me this year. And it was a helluva lot of fun to watch! I've largely been a McLaren fan since (classic) Team Lotus left..but this whole new attitude at "Bought The Right To Call Themselves Lotus" could make me a fan--especially if they're really replacing Grosjean with Kobayashi.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/12 4:20 p.m.

I'll bet everyone will breathe a sign of relief if Grosjean isn't in the field next year. All those who are getting excited over the exact position of a green flag - Grosjean had a pretty big effect on the championship at Spa.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sdXp7QLQf92bdwQSItZlLzMHP9sdZZfQdS8XHn3qClHkUgKY4nG2mfEY21Ww8mfI