1 2
Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
9/15/24 7:14 a.m.

Still waiting/hoping for the the Toyota Stout. Tacoma is too big. My truck needs are small......bicycles, gardening needs, beach stuff etc. Don't need a big bed, towing capacity or to be king of the hill. Oh ya, and reasonably priced (25K-30K) with kind of good mileage. Is that too much to ask?

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/24 9:02 a.m.

In reply to Feedyurhed :

At this point I was a Prius or RAV4 hybrid based option. Though I secretly dream of VW doing a cabover style truck based on the EV Van. 

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/15/24 9:10 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

Not to harsh your vibe, but isn't Toyota still of the opinion they will build what they build, and you'll take what you can get?  So even if an option combo exists, it might not actually be available?  It seems that's the way it was when I was looking at 1st gen Tundras.  The dealership could not locate a low option RWD extended cab with towing package anywhere in the region.

Would be nice if they are willing to build some oddball combos, though.

There are 3 of the of the combo I want in 2 different colors within 25 miles. 

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
9/15/24 9:14 a.m.
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Feedyurhed :

At this point I was a Prius or RAV4 hybrid based option. Though I secretly dream of VW doing a cabover style truck based on the EV Van. 

That would be the best case scenario if still affordable.

9/15/24 9:17 a.m.
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Feedyurhed :

Can't you get a Maverick in a hybrid setup or am I making that up?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/15/24 9:34 a.m.
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) said:
eastsideTim said:

Not to harsh your vibe, but isn't Toyota still of the opinion they will build what they build, and you'll take what you can get?  So even if an option combo exists, it might not actually be available?  It seems that's the way it was when I was looking at 1st gen Tundras.  The dealership could not locate a low option RWD extended cab with towing package anywhere in the region.

Would be nice if they are willing to build some oddball combos, though.

There are 3 of the of the combo I want in 2 different colors within 25 miles. 

Color me impressed.  Hope there is enough demand that Toyota keeps making them.

docwyte
docwyte UltimaDork
9/15/24 12:28 p.m.

Wow, $41k for basically a base level Tacoma.  I've been waiting to see what Toyota prices the new 2025 4Runner, but based on the Tacoma pricing it seems like the 4Runner trailhunter will be around $65k and a TRD Pro closer to $70k.  That's crazy considering the last generation TRD Pro was $52k...

rustomatic
rustomatic HalfDork
9/15/24 6:16 p.m.

I saw a new Tundy in Tennessee last week--someone had adhered big "Turbo" stickers to the sides of the cab.  I thought for a minute, then realized the V8 was a thing of the past, so stock equipment . . .  'Twas not a visual improvement.

Why do Tacomas look like Silverados now?

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/15/24 6:45 p.m.

The first gen taco that I owned required you to take a single or extended cab to get the manual transmission. The extended cab was my preference since it came with a decent sized bed. Unfortunately, I discovered that a rear facing baby seat wouldn't fit.

It was fun while it lasted.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/15/24 6:58 p.m.

I sat in these vs the ford ranger at a local auto show. They're nice. But my f150 is the same price. Has more power more space for my three kids and gets better gas mileage with the 2.7.  Once the kids leave the house it'll be a ranger or taco. 

I've owned both a ranger and a taco in the past. The Toyota tax is off putting and they are cramped.  Ranger is rumerored to come with the 2.7 eco boost.  That'll be a solid combo if available. 

9/17/24 4:19 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

I've owned both a ranger and a taco in the past. The Toyota tax is off putting and they are cramped.  Ranger is rumerored to come with the 2.7 eco boost.  That'll be a solid combo if available. 

I wouldn't mind cross shopping a 2.3 or 2.7 ecoboost Ranger if it had a manual transmission too. Ideally a 2.3 turbo/6mt/4x4 if that was a thing.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/18/24 7:13 a.m.

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

I understand the want for a manual but let me say this the 10 speed auto in my f150(same as ranger). Is magic.  I've seen 27mpg unloaded and towing it's nearly always in the right gear. It's no Toyota so  I did buy the extended warranty in case it pops. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8W1ZYpAibavXLntwSPerOys3pdaTV8Wvb8eqNIPrtdeVAgf6I4DCGCg5ZkcFMmGf