Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/17/13 12:42 p.m.

I brought my Dad out to the local kart track, Andersen Race Park, for a cool promotion they had. It was an hour long enduro with a mandatory 3 stops for driver changes. It was a blast and we won! The little girl was a great driver and had a significant weight advantage. I'm surprised we were able to beat them. This is me passsing 2 guys right at the start into turn 1

The track

Awesome Z in the parking lot

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/17/13 1:20 p.m.

Awesome. Especially the little girl and her dad. What do you think the odds are that they arrived in a Datsun?

I was at the kart track this weekend as well, but my dad's a spectator and not a driver. There was a 12-lap "media race" that was short of media people, so a few of the FM folks got invited as ringers. We took four of the top five, including the top two steps of the podium. I spent most of the race in second chasing a coworker who has a 100 lb weight advantage over me, but he spun trying to deal with some traffic so I was able to prevail. Much fun for all.

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
6/17/13 2:06 p.m.

Damn that's a fun looking track! We have two local (well one local and one ~1hr farther away) tracks but both indoors and both really tight courses (being indoors).

And with the indoor karts, weight makes a BIG difference. I'll bet the girl kicked butt.

airwerks
airwerks New Reader
6/17/13 2:14 p.m.

Nice... I tried getting in with my dad at my local kart track (local = across the street from me) but they had the CANAM Rotax Prokart race this weekend...

44Dwarf
44Dwarf SuperDork
6/17/13 7:19 p.m.

Dang i want an xr100 motorcycle race there! I travel 4 hours to race 4hr endurance races on m xr100. Oakland Valley raceway park. http://www.ovrp.net/

Congrates on the WIN!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TRfE8PshuWelcVhE5oRkT81LcdSxl1JLTiGv4X37i46ohC67YuzlPblwu5anoZUU